Remembrance Sunday

Mark L

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
I just sent a thank you email to my uncle. He served in Europe under Patton in WWII and returned with what we'd call post traumatic stress syndrome today. He still refuses to discuss it to this day. That sort of service should never be forgotten.
Yep

I can't imagine the horrors witnessed by people who fought in conflicts down the years. I have the deepest respect for our veterans, alive and dead

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by blue2blue View Post
War is hell, it leaves many marks on a man or woman. We should make it a solemn responsibility to take care of the military personnel we ask to work and fight for us.
Definitely.

Happy Veteran's Day to all the Vets out there (Veteran's Day in the U.S. is tomorrow).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples View Post
PTS comes from either doing what you shouldn't have, or not doing what you should have.....it's not a war thing...it's a moral thing.
It`s also about seeing things that you`re not supposed to.

My father served in the Vietnam War, he never talks about it. I have tried to ask him about over the years, he finally said to me around 15 years ago, "War is hell".

End of story.

Never asked him again.

We must never forget the sacrifice veterans have made for our freedom.

God Bless all Veterans.

• Members

My Dad was a Korean vet(there's a war that doesn't get much mention) but he passed on nine years ago this month.

I said Happy Veterans Day to a Nam vet that lives in my building. I also said, "so you did a tour over there huh, took some photos, sampled the cuisine?". With a chuckle he said, "yeah, I did everything over there". wink.gif

Archived