Harmony Central News - What Happened?

plantfinder

• Members

Unfortunately, the person posting the news is on the east coast and was caught in the Hurricane Sandy madness; to add injury to insult, he then became sick. The news blog has a specific password and access, which we now have. Phil is learning how to post the news; he will then train me, and we'll split the duties for the immediate future.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by plantfinder View Post
Sorry to hear that but I kind of guessed it might be hurricane related by the date. Hope he can gets back to normal soon. You guys probably have a lot of catching up to do. I'll look forward to seeing it again soon
there is NO reason why natural disasters or personal illness should disrupt the flow of press releases. mad.gif

you, sir, are way too forgiving wave.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Goobers View Post
there is NO reason why natural disasters or personal illness should disrupt the flow of press releases. mad.gif

you, sir, are way too forgiving wave.gif
When one person has the passwords and server access (not a trivial thing for those working remotely), and has no electricity, wi-fi, heat, or internet, it kind of cramps their style. Being in a hospital with a life-threatening condition tends to impede productivity as well.

An editorial staff of three people has certain limitations. It's not like all of a sudden one person can stop doing what THEY'RE assigned to do and take over someone else's tasks. Sure, we could have jumped on the news, but then the people would complain that natural disasters or personal illness shouldn't keep the newsletter from being published, or spam from being removed, forum posts being answered, passwords being reset, etc.

Archived