Hall of Shame !!! I dont get it !!!!

BushmasterM4

• Members

Why dont they rename it to the Music Hall of Fame !!!! C'mon !! Donna Summer !! Is there any country bands in the hall of fame ? No !! So why is there (new school) R&B, Rap, Disco, Dance, etc.... ????? Change the f***in name and let "Country" in too" !!!!!! Oh wait there is a Country Music Hall of Fame !!! And guess what !!! No Donna Summers !!!!! smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterM4

View Post

Why dont they rename it to the Music Hall of Fame !!!! C'mon !! Donna Summer !! Is there any country bands in the hall of fame ? No !! So why is there (new school) R&B, Rap, Disco, Dance, etc.... ????? Change the f***in name and let "Country" in too" !!!!!! Oh wait there is a Country Music Hall of Fame !!! And guess what !!! No Donna Summers !!!!! smile.gif

The hall of fame is just a bunch of critics who formed an organization and have their opinions...THATS ALL...IT'S MEANINGLESS.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sventvkg View Post
The hall of fame is just a bunch of critics who formed an organization and have their opinions...THATS ALL...IT'S MEANINGLESS.
As far as I know, they were just some scammers looking for a niche. Lots of money in running 'non-profits.' (I assume they've taken that route. Doesn't say on their Wikipedia page.)

At least they don't claim to be a charity.

Phony charities REALLY tick me off. I love those 'charities' that compensate their bosses with 6 and 7 figure salaries and then give them all kinds of other benefits "befitting a CEO of a major organization." I had a friend who was for some time the P.A. of a woman who appeared to be making a very nice living from running a small handful of generally locally respected non-profits. When asked why she had three houses in very nice parts of town -- one near the beach and another, two story place overlooking a canal on an exclusive residential island -- I was told these were the necessary accoutrements for running a charity -- since you're supposedly always wining and dining the ultra-rich. Tough life.

Outfits like CharityWatch.org and Charity Navigator are sometimes criticized for being 'too tough' on inefficient, top-heavy charities that seem to run more for the benefit of those directing them, but I'll put my faith in them any day over outfits like the despicable United Way.

• Members

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame makes sense to me. Haven't you seen the late night infomercial?..

This is Jann LePre and I'll show you how I made millions of dollars from my tiny, 8 page newspaper mag that I started in my tiny one room college dorm.

I'll even then tell ya how to turn that into a really big tv show where YOU and your friends can decide on a list of people to add in to a yearly Hall of Fame.

Just imagine... you get to invent the list and THEN , CHARGE the nominees $1500 each for a seat at a table while they're waiting to see if they're nominated. And if you act today, I'll show you how you can then get beer and hair gel sponsors to BUY advertising time for your show for even more MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to bring in to your tiny one bedroom office apartment.

What could be better? You pick the nominees.. you get all their money and the sponsor's money too.

But wait.. there's more...

For the next 50 callers to order my "Get Rock and Roll Rich by simply having a hall of fame that everyone bitches about and watches on tv" book, I'll show you how you can get an ENTIRE CITY to put up money to build YOUR museum!!!!

I can't tell you how great it is to receive thousands and thousands of checks in my tiny one bedroom apartment office each week. Just for saying stuff that I make up in my head and EVERYONE else gives me FREE ADVERTISING for!!

And for the next ten callers ordering, I'll even let you know the secret to getting BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN to BEG to be at EVERY SINGLE nomination so that he can SIT in and jam with EVERY SINGLE NOMINEE!!

Don't delay.. the next rich guy could be YOU!!!

• Members

Reminds me of a poetry competition I entered that was mentioned in an article in our local newpaper. I sent in the lyrics to 'Alyse', and got a letter back saying I'd taken first place! All I had to do was send them money for travel arrangements to the awards ceremony in Las Vegas (about $1200). I, very gently and kindly, told them where to shove it....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by blue2blue

View Post

Outfits like CharityWatch.org and Charity Navigator are sometimes criticized for being 'too tough' on inefficient, top-heavy charities that seem to run more for the benefit of those directing them, but I'll put my faith in them any day over outfits like the despicable United Way.

The United Way has got to be one of the worst charities of that ilk. I really have no respect for them. Furthermore, I came in contact with a bunch of them when I was volunteering at a shelter for battered women and children, and their office was filled with asshole scumbags. Just awful.

• Members

Some honors societies at universities work the same way. They flatter you into paying for a membership to their "invite only" program, or try to sell you a certificate or yearbook. Universities don't seem to mind them operating on campus. The big one when I was in college was called "Golden Key," which I assume is named so people confuse it with Phi Beta Kappa. I can't remember if Phi Beta Kappa tries to sell stuff to members as well. I assume they do.

Archived