Testing 1-2-3: Do the Forums Seem Zippier?

Anderton

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by UstadKhanAli View Post
So far, yes.
By adding "so far," you distinguish yourself as a veteran of these boards smile.gif

However, the tweak closed a Yahoo user interface library exploit, so until the next one comes along, the forums should stay as zippy as they are at the moment. Fingers crossed.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad View Post
Nope

Just as bad as ever frown.gif
Actually, if you're referring to just before you posted, I found out that Admin functions (like removing massive amounts of spam) are just as slow as ever, and hang the board. Between the time of my post and yours, I deleted about 50 spam messages and 20 IP addresses, which really slowed things down. But it seems as long as no one's doing deep admin functions, things go a lot faster.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Anderton View Post
What do you mean, "access"? Like just getting the main forum page to open up?
Well, I have SSS as a favourite. I'll click on it and after about 5 seconds I'll get an error message

This can go on for several minutes

Eventually, the page will load

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad View Post
Well, I have SSS as a favourite. I'll click on it and after about 5 seconds I'll get an error message

This can go on for several minutes

Eventually, the page will load
Can you tell me what the error message says, and also, which browser you're using?

• CMS Author

For the last couple of weeks, some days I've thought whatever the problem was got fixed, and then some times it would take a long time to connect initially, or to open a message. Every forum or web page acts like that occasionally, but this one acts up far more frequently than what should be acceptable.

"If it's broken and you don't fix it, it's still broken." - Somebody

• Members

The speed the past few weeks has been directly proportional to how many spambots are hitting the site at once. We've been putting a lot of effort into banning IP addresses from spammers as soon as we find them, but they have to attack first before we can find out where they're attacking from mad.gif

It's so stupid. I'd be willing to bet that not one of you has bought a counterfeit Louis Vitton bag or Ugg boots, yet they keep acting like you will.

• Moderators
Yup, deleting tons of spam definitely slows things down...but as soon as they're gone, it speeds up again idn_smilie.gif
I stopped hard deleting spambot output, I just soft delete and ban now. Which is the better idea, do you think? confused.gif

Terry D.

• Members

My access has been pretty good over the past few weeks, with occasional sit and spin episodes accessing a particular forum (primarily SSS or Live Sound). I've found that if I click on the link a 2nd time, it usually goes through. There have been a few times where I could not access the forums at all. Coincidently, at the same time, I can't get to one of the vbulletin sailing forums I access, one with far, far fewer members and IT support. The HC forums get fixed faster, probably due to more IT resources. Makes me suspect that maybe they're both being targeted by the same spam? Who knows, just think it's a strange coincidence.

HP laptop, win7, firefox.

• Members
The speed the past few weeks has been directly proportional to how many spambots are hitting the site at once. We've been putting a lot of effort into banning IP addresses from spammers as soon as we find them, but they have to attack first before we can find out where they're attacking from mad.gif

It's so stupid. I'd be willing to bet that not one of you has bought a counterfeit Louis Vitton bag or Ugg boots, yet they keep acting like you will.
I got a room filled with them. They are bugg ugly.

Archived