HELP FOR BUILDING BUSINESS PROJECT

• Members

Hello good people, 

my team and I are doing website platform to connect amateur music artists with proffesionals. Artist pay monthly(2pounds) or yearly(20) fee to be members. For beggining we would choose just few music genres, where artists would share their music, 100 percent owned by themselves, and their succes would be rated by other participants in website. The most talented/succesful (top15) ones would get opportunity to have gigs in clubs in UK and advertise themselves for free on the same website. As well, we would organize a couple of days festival gathering the best artist in each genre on the same place which would help them show their music live to the world. Question is : DO YOU BELIEVE PEOPLE WOULD BE INTERESTED? WOULD THERE BE PEOPLE USING OUR WEBSITE?

Thank You very much for Your contribution!

• Members

While it sounds like a good idea, there are a lot of problems with it.

Who pays for airfare to England and back?  How about food and rooms?

How do you prevent poisoning (having a participant band say the other bands are bad so their own ratings go up)?

Are these club gigs already lined up?  Do you have contacts at clubs across the UK?  What professional music contacts do you already have?

If you don't have these contacts, how will you persuade people to pay money to participate?

After 46 years in and out of the music business, I have found that any place that asks musicians to pay to play, pay to submit music, pay to travel to uncertain gigs, has always been a dead end.  But maybe yours will be different.  Let me know how it works out for you.

• Members

OK... brace yourself for some straight talk...  wink.gif 

This sort of thing primarily appeals to bedroom musicians, newbs, and those who haven't been around.

Anyone who has been around is likely going to turn a very jaded eye to it. Stuff like this comes and goes all the time. And it's been going on in various forms for the better part of a century. At least. Folks are always trying to get musicians to give them money to get some kind of a break. 

After you've been in the biz a while, this stuff simply annoys you.

Gee... does that sound cynical?  grin   My cynicism is well-earned from observing the music biz and its effects on musicians for 40 plus years.

• Members

kutija505 wrote:

Hello good people, 

my team and I are doing website platform to connect amateur music artists with proffesionals. Artist pay monthly(2pounds) or yearly(20) fee to be members. For beggining we would choose just few music genres, where artists would share their music, 100 percent owned by themselves, and their succes would be rated by other participants in website. The most talented/succesful (top15) ones would get opportunity to have gigs in clubs in UK and advertise themselves for free on the same website. As well, we would organize a couple of days festival gathering the best artist in each genre on the same place which would help them show their music live to the world. Question is : DO YOU BELIEVE PEOPLE WOULD BE INTERESTED? WOULD THERE BE PEOPLE USING OUR WEBSITE?

Thank You very much for Your contribution!

This post is bordering on SPAM. 

Who`s paying the airfare/hotel mate? Your company? 

Archived