It Sits Around Collecting Dust But You Won't Part With It.

ggm1960

• Members

For me it's the '78 Twin Reverb amp and my home built pedal board/power supply with those old pedals I bought way back when. They're a pretty good setup of guitar gear but just totally impractical for any type of actual gig.

• Members

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue, Peavey Classic 30, Roland VG99 with the FC300, Roland GR-33, Behringer FCB1010, Pod XT, numerous pedals....

Damn Guitar Rig4 and now Amplitube3 have rendered it all unused.

I'm not going to let it gather dust much longer though I'm going to sell it all and buy a few guitars with it or maybe a new 27" iMac .

Will trade any of the above for something along the lines of an Ibanez RG550 or RG1550M (love that Poisoned Pumkin color)...American Stratocaster/Telecaster....Gibson SG....maybe even an AXE FX.

Well, at least I keep telling myself I'm going to sell it...

• Members

Good thread idea
:thu:

Gibson Les Paul

I always wanted an LP. But now I don't need it/use it

But I won't sell it, no matter how bad things get

Les Paul here too, Epiphone though. I Havn't looked in the case for at least 2 years - I assume it's still in there...

• Members

just off the top of my head:

Teac 10" 4-track reel to reel

1963 Fender Vibrolux Reverb amp

1970's Silverface Bassman amp

A couple of 12" EV guitar speakers that weigh about 50 lbs apiece

REALLY old Gates leveling amp (without any tubes in it)

Teac C3 rack mount cassette deck

A couple boxes of backup CDs from old recording projects for clients

That's off the top of my head - - there's probably a bunch more.

• Members

Early 60's ES-330 that been nearly played to death. Frets are almost gone and the fretboard is worn almost through to the neck.

Early 70's Dearmond (sp?) Weeper Wah - best wah I've ever used or heard, but it's too damn big to fit in a pedalboard!

Epiphone PR-7e - the all birdseye maple one. My wife bought it for me.

• Members

1958 Fender Duo-Sonic - It's from the 50s and it's really cool but my '71 Tele is just so much better.

Early 90s Ibanez Saber 7-string shred axe - It's awesome but I really don't play shred any more.

Marshall 9001/Mosvalve guitar rack. 3 - channels of high gain hybrid power. No pedals required. Still works great. Again, I don't play that kind of music any more.

GFI S-10 Ultra Pedal Steel and Fender Steel King amp. $3K worth of guilt in a closet. I'll learn how to play it when I have time. . .

• CMS Author

ZB pedal steel (well, the case is collecting dust)

Roland U220 (with a bunch of sound cards)

Ampex AG-445 (needs a brake job which I'll get around to some day)

Pair of Sony ECM-21s (my first condenser mics)

Precision Instruments 10.5" x 1/2" automatic tape degausser (HEAVY! I can't lift it much less pack it and ship it if I sold it)

• Members

A Veillette Citron 6 string. It's something like serial #0065 bought directly from Harvey Citron at their workshop. It's a really beautifully built guitar yet I haven't touched it in years. Looks like this:

1979_Veillette-Citron.jpg

My ARP Odyssey doesn't see much action.

Odds and ends from the '70s: a Foxx fuzz/wah, Univox tape echo (has a little cartridge), Goodrich volume pedal.

• Members

I had a pair of ROLAND stage monitors which I've had since the early-90's.

In the last few years, I kept telling myself I'd use them again in a stage performance... but that performance never materialized.

Just this last weekend I gave them to a teenager who had no external speakers for his laptop. His family is not exactly made of money, and he appreciated them so very much.

Now they are getting the use they should... instead of sitting around here collecting dust!

• Members

Please, Tim, keep it, it's part of your life,

It's monetary value is moot next to all of the hearfelt, late night memories, you no doubt, lovingly recorded on that machine,

Don't worry; it's going to be passed down to my descendents along with grandfather

• Members

Linndrum and R8. And a few dozen teeny tiny roms for the Linn. Why, I don't dump them, I dunno. Oh and all the various 200 pound reel to reel behemoths around here.

I liked that picture of the Marshall Micro-stack from an earlier thread. Is that picture "actual size" ?

I'm waiting for Craig to speak up. By my calculations, he should have one of everything ever invented.

• Members

it's going to be passed down to my descendents

Every once in a while my woman says I need to document all these guitars and gear around here so in case I kick the bucket the family will have some idea of what all this stuff is and what it's worth.

• Members

It Sits Around Collecting Dust But You Won't Part With It.

My Dick???

Remember,..This year I'll be married for 7 years,........

omg...I was going to say the same thing...

And....I would be interested in a Classic 30..:)

• Members

I was thinking about all the musical gear I had years ago and the only thing that I still have is an old GE clock radio.:lol:

I don't own and use a single thing from 10 years ago, other than that. I was never one to form an emotional attachment toward my gear.

Archived