I need help on Bday present idea!!!

Phrozt

• Members

Hi folks.  Long time poster in the drummer section (though not for a few years now).  I have a bday coming up and my gf is nagging me about gift ideas.  The only thing I'd really like is something to assist my infrequent musical hobbies.

Here's where I rank those btw:

• Drums!
  • Vocals
  • Guitar
  • Maybe a cheap bass?

Here's what I need out of an output.. er.. unit:

#1 biggest thing - I'd like to have a 3.5mm jack for my phone/comp and have the unit process those sources in a way that I can use it's equalizer or some on board component to make the drums stand out a bit more. Everything else is important as well, but that's the MOST important.

• Mic jack(s). I'd like to be able to sing along while playing (drums or guitar) and possibly have others sing with me for small jam sessions.
  • Amp jacks for guitars/bass guitar
  • Equalizer.. as mentioned above
  • Good solid sound... good enough to be a PA system for a small jam session

My dad had a nice setup and it was a keyboard amp. That seemed to be right along the lines of what I'd want, but maybe a little more on input options. I don't exactly remember the model number, but I know it's discontinued now and resembled something like a Crate KC550 or KX220 Can you guys suggest something? Thanks!!

• Members

Well, if I were you, I'd want a year's supply of dolma, lavash bread, hummus with lots of garlic, a sauce to eat with the dolma comprised of half sour cream, half creamy Greek-style yogurt, and lots of garlic and some mint, some freshly squeezed lemonade, ce-cold pilsner, and fresh Moroccan olives.

Failing that, if you want something, you'll find your mind drifting toward that, thinking about it, or you'll find yourself thinking, "I kinda wish I had _______ because it would make my life glow with happiness and purpose."

If you're not thinking that, then you probably don't really need anything, in which case you should ask for a year's supply of dolma, lavash bread, hummus with lots of garlic, a sauce to eat with the dolma comprised of half sour cream, half creamy Greek-style yogurt, and lots of garlic and some mint, some freshly squeezed lemonade, ice-cold pilsner, and fresh Moroccan olives.

You're welcome.  :D

Archived