Anyone hearing any good NAMM rumors?

• CMS Author

I haven't received the usual flood of press releases yet. The NAB exhibitors start sending them out about five months before the show, the NAMM exhibitors tend to wait until the last minute and continue them through the duration of the show.

TruNorth will be showing the Tronical line of bolt-on automatic guitar tuning systems, and probably the Cymatic LR-16 recorder and their small speakers. Looks like PreSonus will be showing pretty much what they showed at Winter NAMM. They're having an "open house" on Thursday at Ben's Studio on Music Row for hands-on with their new StudioLive console and speakers, and free food and drinks. At these events, their feed is usually more exctiting to me than the new gear.

Looking over the exhibitor's list, I see some that don't usually come to the Summer NAMM show, and some new products from old companies that I haven't heard about for a while. For exammple, Digital Audio Labs, maker of the CardD, one of the first pro quality sound cards, has a new personal mixing system. Somebody should check that out. AEA (ribbon mics) will be there as well as a few other serious mic manufacturers. I don't know if they'll have anything new, but it's a departure from the usual Summer NAMM mom-and-pop music store products that tend to be stronger at that show. 

Equator (monitor speakers) will be there. Maybe they'll have that cute $300/pair one on demo as well as the bigger DSP-based systems. It shouldn't be too dull of a show, gear-wise.

Wish I was there, or maybe not. Probably just as hot there as it is here.

Archived