confused about Alesis Multimix usb 2.0 fx

soureel

• Members

I've been doing a lot of reading about this mixer. I've read conflicting information about whether it offers simultaneous multitrack recording into my DAW (Reaper). in other words, what I want to see in my DAW is eight separate tracks if I'm inputing eight inputs simultaneously. Some reviewers say that this is not a multitrack recorder. Other reviews indicate that you can record multiple tracks simultaneously. Can someone resolve this question for me?

• CMS Author

soureel wrote:

I've been doing a lot of reading about this mixer. I've read conflicting information about whether it offers simultaneous multitrack recording into my DAW (Reaper). in other words, what I want to see in my DAW is eight separate tracks if I'm inputing eight inputs simultaneously. Some reviewers say that this is not a multitrack recorder. Other reviews indicate that you can record multiple tracks simultaneously. Can someone resolve this question for me?

Well, it says in the manual:

The USB2.0 port sendsevery individual mixer channel as well as

the MultiMix

• Members

Is this information from the "Multimix usb" or "Multimix usb FX" documentation? Some other feedback I've received is that while the Multimx 16 USB 2.0 can indeed record individual channels, the "FX" version mixes all the input signals down to just 2 channels.

Incredibly confusing.

Archived