Another original song "GONNA BE FINE"

Tj_pinkgurl

• Members

:cool:

Hey guys,

So I wrote these lyrics to a backing track I found on youtube and I'm very proud of my lyrics because it's about being completely shut down to the ground after everyone and everything has let you down. It's about fighting back and never giving up no matter what the cost.

On the other hand my singing isn't the best haha. But I do try my best.

Feed back would be good because it's really hard to judge your own songs. I'm hoping it isn't too bad lol.

"GONNA BE FINE"

Watch me come back to my feet

This something that I know I'll complete

You wont stop me anymore

I'm getting better then I was before

Held back by you

Just let me go

I've got somewhere I really need to go

I have my life to show

Got things to do and your not gonna stop me pulling through

Dreams are in my heart

And they will never ever stray

I'm screaming at you

Please just leave me today

CHORUS

Hear me when I scream I will never let you control me

Your nothing but a waste of time

Your leaving me and I'm gonna be fine

Hear me when I say I'll continue finding my way

I’ll never ever let you take over me

And I’m gonna be fine

Your here because I can handle you

And I wont give up till I make it through

You wont control me coz I will control you

Going away, your left behind

My life and my dreams are something I'll find

I'm gonna survive my way through

It’s hard not knowing just what to do

When the worst part of me was always you

Wait for tomorrow

And the sun will shine

Cause I'm gonna get through this

Yeah. I'm gonna be fine

CHORUS

And I’m gonna be fine

It's such a long road but it gives you no right

Already proved to myself I can find the light

theres no going back

It’s not the end

I've turned right around now

And forever I'll defend

Hear me- Will never let you control me

Never let you worry me

CHORUS

And I’m gonna be fine

Gonna be fine

Gonna be fine

© Tamara Farmer 2018

• Members

Nice so far

Slight phasing issues with the lyrics.

Nice piano playing.

Give yourself some vocal breathing room.

I think you could ditch the chorus, may us it a bridge or something.

Oh:" I used a backing track I found on youtube with awesome instrumental music to write lyrics to with permission... The user is "Unfinishedsongs" and here's a link to the page"

Figure out the chorus and grab your guitar. Nothing wrong with borrowing a bit here and there.

There are plenty of lyricists that don't play an instrument well or at all.

I tried to look at the lyrics first without clicking on the Youtube link to see what I would have done with the song.

You don't have to be a good singer, or a piano player/ guitar player to write songs. It's a completely different art.

You're inspiring me to get off my songwriting butt and finish up a few things.

Don't be afraid to ask some friends in your circle for help. You be surprised what folks come up with. I tend to write by my self in secret.

Remeber Liz Rose who wrote a lot of the early Taylor Swift tunes doesn't play an instrument.

I love here daughter Catlin's work.

[video=youtube;Tk-7oCyPWww]

Another singer songwriter for my area is Lori McKenna. I met Lori the first time when she was in her 30's. She had 5 kids, and was playing at a music festival. So she got started late in life. She's almost my age, I'm a bit older. Nice women too.

Lori ended up on Signature Sounds, which is a great local label. Then end up in Nashville. She has some great albums and a few years ago hooked up with Liz Rose to pen out Girl Crush

Little Big Town's hit

Folks love a good story, with a sad or happy ending.

You sound young,s you influences are sing in your peer group. Listen to everything you can, from Sinatra to Ella , classic of the 70's 80's and 90. Blues, rock jazz.

I have a weird job Physics isolated lab or office most of them. I listen to all kinds of music through the workday. I can not tell you how many lines I wrote done or songs I have penned out.

Listen, observe, learn write, and keep doing it no matter where you are.

Don't forget open mic to work out your songs. Nobody really cares if you are not perfect at those. I hit them when I can. I tell folks I audition some new that may or may not be complete. Lower the Expectations. Plus I have meet aton of other musicians.

At age of 56 I sent time in a rehab program to reduce stress. I was in bad bad shape. Probably cause I locked in an office and low-level light and I work with an **************************** boss. At times it relaxing and at times it's a living hell.

When I was in the rehab program I was really opened minded and was writing down stuff from the classes I took. I swear I could have penned out an album, but thoughts go as quickly into my head and quickly as they leave. I carry a pen and paper much of the time. I'm not a great songwriter, but I like to do it. Some lyrics that read like second-grade garbage make killer songs.

Nothings off limits.

Playing guitar, my wife and 2 cats really save me from calling it a day.

I like a ton of female artist Gillian Welch. Gillian was an unknown at the same festival and Lori. Lucinda Williams is awesome too.

I cover her song Dry Town, which turned out to be a big hit for Mirada Lambert. I have both Gillian and Miranda live, Gillian a few times.

[video=youtube;-IYRCcq897c]

I rarely watch TV, but it a good source to what's happen in in the world.

Is it too much to demand

I want a full house and a rock-'n'-roll band

Pens that won't run out of ink

And cool quiet and time to think

Shouldn't I have this?

Shouldn't I have this?

Shouldn't I have all of this, and

I have been to 1000's of concerts small shows like house concerts. To major Festival and area shows. I go as often as I can. NO TV For me.

I don't carry a smartphone as I want to left alone from observation and distractions, but they all have a nice reocder on them when somethig hits. Ya never know what gone hit when driving in the car at 60mile /hour in traffic, or on the bus or train.

I have been a member of ASCAP for decades and never made enough to see a penny. I'd join anyway it's free. Ya never know when you need to sign a royalty check.

It's not an easy job, some folks get lucky and some folks work at getting lucky. 8 hours a day at your craft will tell you a lot.

I can't tell you the number of times I wrote a song in the key of E , only to go back to it a month or so later and put a capo on my guitar at the 5th fret and totally changed the vibe of a song.

Harry does a nice version of Girl Crush too. When Harry needs a new hit song, he doesn't call me, he goes back to the folks that penned him out his last multi-million dollar tune.

Most folks don't know Girl crush was written by a couple older women, and it's jealousy.

I can't really type either, I never learned too, back in y day typing was done by secretaries.

Keep me posted on any update and new material.

I'll do the same on my end.

I'm over at HC OJ most of the time talking to the few great folks that have stuck with Harmony Central through thick and thin.

Oh and if you want to play old songs Andrew Rogers , That how I got here in the early 90's. I hear Andrew has passed.

Buddy Miller is awesome, he's my dad's age now. Check out his wife too.

[video=youtube;dPTZHMUGk-o]

Andrew Rogers

Throughout the 1990's Andrew Rogers transcribed and published tablatures of the highest quality for many popular songs of the '50s, '60s and '70s. Sadly in 2000, Andrew Rogers died from complications from a bone marrow transplant as treatment for his leukemia.

http://marcdashevsky.com/Ace/aceartist.html

Mindfulness. look it up. I learned a lot about it in rehab. My buddy says I should start drinking, but I'm an alcohol lightweight, 2 pints here and there and I'm loaded. Don't do drugs either, besides the meds I am on now.

Peace. and play the f@k out of what you do. keep up the good work. I see something special where others may not.

• Members

Thanks for your comment :)

What do you mean by phasing issues with the lyrics?

The more feed back the better! :)

opps more like phrasing

It's where each syllable or word comes on on a beat.

You could say

Around here

Or AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA round here

Sustaining the A sound.

or

Round here sustain each word.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sometimes you even need to take out simple word to make lyrics just a but more musical.

We are the Champions

Freedie used the word cos as because would be two syllables

• 2 months later...

Archived