First song posted on here: "Mrs Brown"

lubeck

• Members
Hey, I wanted to get feedbacks of one of my songs, "Mrs Brown". It's going to be the opening track of my EP going at the beginning of 2017:

Hipe you'll like it ! :-)

Listening, but I can't make out the lyric. It's usually a good idea to post the lyric along with the link.

• Members

Nice guitar sound and chord selection. And I really like the melody. I like the range it covers and the low part at the end. Very catchy, I'm singing it now. This has great potential.

This sounds like a live recording. . . I would take a little more time to get your vocals just right on your EP. Just like most singers you're a little pitchy, and your vocals could use a little more detailed attention. I'm not sure what your recording plans are, but if you can find the right recording engineer, they might be able to help you get your vocals just right. Many years ago my band at the time recorded a demo and we had a great engineer that really helped me get the most out of my voice. But, that might be hard to find. We just got lucky.

Also, you might want to look into posting your stuff on http://www.soundclick.com

It's easy and free and sounds great.

• Members

Good song! Very worth developing. Soulful, heartfelt, nice pace and groove. Two suggestions:

1: As you practice it, focus on your dynamics. It's the kind of song where cutting loose is essential, and that only comes with a lot of repetition. I'm not thinking Janis or Aretha, I'm more thinking Indigo Girls, Joan Armatrading, Laura Nyro, Ani DeFranco.

Tullsterx's suggestion is good. But if you can't find that magic engineer, try recording yourself different ways - high, low, hard, soft, fast, slow, close, far - to find voicings that YOU enjoy hearing. Experiment. I did that and found that my voice recordings improved beyond measure.

2: Change the title. (Not the lyrics!) The title will make too many people think it's a Herman's Hermits cover.

Del

http://www.thefullertons.net

( •)—:::

Archived