A prodigal son drops by for the holidays... and maybe more if needed...

blue2blue

• Members

Amazingly, I'm still listed as a mod here (and still have my mod superpowers -- evildoers be forewarned).

I only recently realized that the SW forum had been freewheeling for a while. While I'm not in a position to get deeply involved in day to day events and operations, I just wanted to let folks know that they can contact me [see note* below] if there are any problems in the forum and I'll try to get things straightened out if possible. Ditto for spam that sneaks through. (At least until management finally reads the resignation I handed in last summer. biggrin.gif )

Seriously, though, let me know if there's anything that needs moderator attention or if there's anything I can do to help things out.

cheers,

TK

blue2blue

*Note -- for reasons no one seems able to suss, I never get notifications of HC PMs or user-flagged problems in my email. So, if you need to contact me, please use the contact form on my personal page.

• Members
Amazingly' date=' I'm still listed as a mod here (and still have my mod superpowers -- evildoers be forewarned).[/quote']

Nice to hear from you, Blue.

Did you notice the dust, the wind and the tumbleweeds rolling through town...?

• Members

Nice to hear from you, Blue.

Did you notice the dust, the wind and the tumbleweeds rolling through town...?

I kinda did. I had had a wee dustup with mgmt over some totally unrelated issues (but I guess that's water under the bridge or over the dam or whatever for now) and barely been around at all.

Anyhow, now that I realize the forum hasn't had someone to tidy up and what-not, I thought I should make it known that I can be summoned easily enough. Not unlike an annoying poltergeist. ;)

• Members
Well - the forum needs the kiss of life and a smooth moderator (yeh that tune)………very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>

Any ideas Blue?

I'm happy to help out, though I'm not sure my holy man credentials are up to snuff. But I suspect there are plenty of little sparks around that can be fanned up into a nice cheery fire. (It's unseasonably cold here -- wait, it's the first day of winter, not sure I can say that -- maybe you can tell by my choice of hearth-related metaphor. Though the hearth around here is a generic Home Depot wall heater -- but it's a source of near-endless entertainment to the cat.)

• Members
Can we have a songwriting contest with a $1,000,000 first, second, and third prizes?

nat whilk ii

Nat... I'm no piker.

What's with this small thinking?

We're gonna throw the biggest, most luxurious, most top-class, elegant and huge songwriting contest ever... Get your Founder's Club shares soon before we go into the first formal fundraising round and get a free gold-plated luxury contest medallion for only $19.95. [except where prohibited by law, which is pretty much everywhere]

• Members
Glad to see you around, blue.

Any chance if you know if Lee Knight is alright?

Yes! I chatted with him over the holidays -- he seemed to be having a nice season. He's had some life challenges, but he seems to be doing well.

I want to apologize to old friends and new for being so disconnected. The last time I checked here, Lee seemed to have things humming nicely, so I was surprised by this turn of events.

But I'm happy to step in for our pal Lee -- and, frankly, I need to get back in songwriting harness. I'd been hoping some time away might spark some creativity but it was even worse. biggrin.gif Maybe I should have titled the thread... A Prodigal Learns His Lesson. wink.png

• Members

Will do!

Yeah... tectonically shifting economics have affected a lot of folks -- a lot of folks are still dealing with setbacks from 'the Great Recession' -- and that spills over even to friends and relatives who've been relatively lucky. It ain't like the old days. That's for sure.

I just wanted to let folks know that they can contact me [see note* below] if there are any problems in the forum and I'll try to get things straightened out if possible. Ditto for spam that sneaks through. (At least until management finally reads the resignation I handed in last summer. biggrin.gif )

Note: We read your resignation letter. It was declined. ;):p:wave:

PS For everyone else, if there's anything you need, you can also just drop me a PM. I don't get email notifications either (except for spam posts that have been flagged) but I do check my PM inbox multiple times a day.

• Members

Note: We read your resignation letter. It was declined. wink.pngtongue.pngwave.gif

PS For everyone else, if there's anything you need, you can also just drop me a PM. I don't get email notifications either (except for spam posts that have been flagged) but I do check my PM inbox multiple times a day.

No rest for the wicked. I'm resigned... er, to it, I mean. Resigned to it.

;)

• Members

I don't know, guys. I mean, when SW was, like, desolate and empty, lorn and wasted, a vast post-apocalyptic landscape of death and smoldering toxins.....that was starting to really tap into my song-writing mood. I was getting close to actually putting some tracks down - know what I'm sayin'?

Now, all these cheerful "hey howya doin'"s and stuff - puts me right off my game! frown.png

Can't we at least have some arguments and insults and vitriol?? Like old times???:sm-drool:

nat whilk ii

• Members
I don't know, guys. I mean, when SW was, like, desolate and empty, lorn and wasted, a vast post-apocalyptic landscape of death and smoldering toxins.....that was starting to really tap into my song-writing mood. I was getting close to actually putting some tracks down - know what I'm sayin'?

Now, all these cheerful "hey howya doin'"s and stuff - puts me right off my game! frown.png

Can't we at least have some arguments and insults and vitriol?? Like old times???:sm-drool:

nat whilk ii

You're banned!

Ok... that was long enough. You can come back -- but watch your step buddy -- I have my supremely jaundiced eye on you! (Figuratively speaking, of course. Literally, that would be a real health issue.)

Archived