A quick report-back

Delmont

• Members

Lee, Old Guit, MB, and the other folks who had ideas on getting my music out there -

Tried the open mic route but didn't click with the woman who hosts it locally. She explained why I didn't get to play much this way: "I play favorites." A lot of her old friends show up, and they're good. They get most of the stage time.

Have had much better luck getting together with people I already know and new people I meet. After striking out with one classic rock covers band that wasn't interested in anything I play (it was mutual - I hated 80% of their stuff!), I've been much better received by two other bands that have lots of room for originals. And I sat in at an anarchist sing-along, of all things, a week or so ago, and the couple who led it liked my playing (I had my squareneck resonator) and have invited my to an every-other-Tuesday "hootenany" (I swear to God) that, based on their singing and playing, looks promising.

So - Nome wasn't built in a day, but things are coming along as well as I could hope for, and I'm having fun. Many thanks again for all the suggestions. They've helped!

More to come, I'm sure.

Del

http://www.thefullertons.net

( •)—:::

• Members

It sounds like the Tuesday thing is a good in somewhere. Good work.

With regards to the host that says "I play favorites." At least she's honest. I wouldn't see that as a closed door. Becoming one of the favorites can be difficult, but bringing that dobro out to sit in with people might not be a bad idea.

• Members
It sounds like the Tuesday thing is a good in somewhere. Good work.

With regards to the host that says "I play favorites." At least she's honest. I wouldn't see that as a closed door. Becoming one of the favorites can be difficult, but bringing that dobro out to sit in with people might not be a bad idea.

Good point. The biggest reason I've backed out of that one is that my budget is stretched tighter than a gnat's ass over a rain barrel, making me reluctant to toss away my hard-earneds on a beer and a tip for an evening of not much fun.

But I'm sure I'll drop in there again.

Archived