an and things you must heed she tried to tell you try to warn

At a Recklest speed

But That this alright this Black Sheep's doing fine

I tied tied to forget the tears I've cried

Getting stronger geting peace of mind

Hell Yes this Black Sheep is doing fine,

Yo u gave me hope a peace of min d

• Members

I like the idea of the song, and I think your lyrical intention is clear.

It does however need smoothing out a bit here and there.

Perhaps you could also develop the black sheep idiom a little more. Maybe a bit about the pale flock on the run or something like that before you state that you're doing fine.

Musically, I'm finding it a bit rudimentary for my taste. The chugga chugga of those 4 chords becomes a bit relentless.

But it may appeal to others - I don't know for sure.

But keep going - it's a good idea and a reasonable starting point.

• Members

Things I liked:

1) That lead bit that comes in around 1:20 - fantabulous! More, please! If anything, you buried it, which is a shame because it is by far the best part of the song. IMO, you should just open with that. If you want some delayed graitfication, tack a harmony line on it the second time around. And bring it back a third time, later on.

2) Your vocals after the first verse were much tighter, and delivered with flair.

Not so much

1) I didn't like the delivery of the vocals in the first verse.

2) I felt like the entire song was an inside commentary intended for a specific person or group of people I was excluded from. I'm all for vague lyrics, but you didn't give me much to sink my teeth into. At the very least, toss a few cool pieces of imagery so I can form a picture in my mind of what is going on.

3) The first verse felt particularly weak. I'd rewrite it entirely, trying to show more of what you are talking about - specific pictures from the times you are talking about, or a particular event of when you learned the lesson.

I could probably live with "That's alright this black sheep's doing fine" if you sold me the story better along the way.

• Members

Really a great groove going once the drums come in. I agree that the ld gtr should come in early and not vamp so much on the chords in the beginning. I can't quite put my finger on it but it is reminiscent of the the punk bands I used to see (and be in), circa 1978 - CBGB's/Max's Kansas City (oops - age alert!).

That's alright, this Black Sheep's doing fine - great line - should be emphasized - and repeated IMHO~ if it were me - I'd build an entire chorus around that.

• Members

I like the idea of the song, and I think your lyrical intention is clear.

It does however need smoothing out a bit here and there.

Perhaps you could also develop the black sheep idiom a little more. Maybe a bit about the pale flock on the run or something like that before you state that you're doing fine.

Musically, I'm finding it a bit rudimentary for my taste. The chugga chugga of those 4 chords becomes a bit relentless.

But it may appeal to others - I don't know for sure.

But keep going - it's a good idea and a reasonable starting point.

That was the first song I wrote back in the 70's

Banging on a an Acoustic with limited skills

But is it Rock and Roll?

BTW Father very Abusive

Mother supportive

Archived