Lots of guitar wood! (1 body blank, 4 bookmatched tops)

dmc69

• Members

I was once an aspiring guitar builder and I've had these for years and years. Now that I realize I'll never be good at making guitars, I would like to offer these for already manufactured parts :)

As said, I'm looking for trades. PM me an offer! I'm unsure about selling outright right now because I really don't know what kind of price to put on these.

For trades, guitar related would be best, and I'm always looking for something cool. If you're in the Toronto, ON area, it would really save me the hassle of shipping :wave: But I'd ship too, Canada, CONUS ONLY please.

If you'd like exact specs or very high res photos, PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you asap.

Anyways first up is a 1 piece Spanish Cedar body blank. No date on it, but when I bought it from the shop 3 years ago, they told me it was sitting around for a few years.

It seems like a nice piece and looks to be very similar to mahogany.

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

Next are acoutic guitar soundboards. They are all bookmatched and quarter sawn. Some of these are more than a decade old.

2 Engelmann Spruce bookmatched acoutic guitar soundboard blanks.

One is obviously nicer than the other and no date on the nicer piece, but dated Jan 04 on the uglier one.

Nicer one first:

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

• Members

And now the uglier one:

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

Lastly I have 3 bookmatched pairs of Douglas Fir acoustic soundboard blanks.

All are dated Nov '00.

First is the nicest piece. There's some flame/bearclaw going on, but the grain curves a bit.

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Second is a normal piece:

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived