Gretsch Round Badge Drumset 10,12,16,22 w/soft cases

Dave_G

• Members

Up for grabs is a mid to late 60s Gretsch Round Badge Kit in an Aqua Marine Sparkle wrap that was professionally re-wrapped by Resurrection Drums of Florida according to the previous owner. They also filled the mount and muffler holes professionally. The drums have the original paper tags inside with the silver sealer.

The sizes are 6X10, 8X12, 14X16 & 14X22. The toms are all RIMS system mounted. The wrap on all is excellent with no visible tears, scratches or fading. The seams are all tight. The hardware has light pitting and rust, but nothing obnoxious. The edges are the original 30-degree edges and clean.

The bass drum also has light pitting and rust on the hardware. The spurs are Ludwig spurs which were common to the Gretsch kits of that time period. I believe most musicians preferred for the Ludwig spurs to be installed.

While this kit is not 100% original because of the old mounts and mufflers being discarded, this kit is much better equipped and ready for recording and performing. This is somewhere between a collector's kit and a players kit. Not good enough for the museum, but much better than most of its era.

Also, I cannot date the kit off the serial numbers because Gretsch does not keep records due to 2 fires that destroyed most of their records of production in regards to serial numbers. They seem to be close enough to say that this kit was sold as you see it today with no mixing or adding on of drums. I do have pictures for the serious inquiries.

Asking price is $1500 and shipping will be based by Zip-Code and Drums will ship in separate boxes.

http://members.cox.net/gillettecustoms/GretschRB%20(2).jpg

Archived