Vintage Pearl Japan time capsule 4 piece with Speed King Pedals

ricky_lee

• Members

time capsule kit...

Just dug out this Vintage Pearl Japan 4 piece kit in red sparkle. Has kick, wood snare, rack and floor toms. Includes Speed King kick pedal and Speed hi hat stand. Includes original cymbal arm and stand as well as a large kick damper, tom mount and a cowbell/block mount. The hat stand is missing the set screw for the clutch. The cymbal stand and arm are missing the wing nuts off the tops. Other than that everything is here as far as I can tell.

This kit has been stored in a dry closet in a climate controlled house for the past thirty years. There are no signs of water damage or warpage. The drums were boxed with newsprint for padding. The newsprint is mostly dated around 1974 so we can assume that it's been unused and untouched all this time. The original plastic heads show little sign of physical wear, but are seperating from the metal rings they're set in. There is some finish wear around the kick hoops and the metal all needs a good cleaning/polishing. There is one crack approx 2 inches in the wrap on the kick that does not go into the wood. Came with cymbals stamped Japan. One is cracked. One hat is warped. The cymbals are probably throwaways, but I'll leave that to the buyer's discretion.

I'm not a drum guy, but I'll try and answer any questions.

Asking $300 plus shipping or offer. Will consider trades for ????.

email: ricky_lee@gomoorhead.com

Archived