Vintage Rogers Drum Set 1973/74

Maritime363

• Members

Complete, all original four piece drum set, excellent condition. Includes dyna-sonic snare, supreme hi-hat, swiv-o-matic foot pedal. Original owner, includes original manuals and Rogers catalogue 73/74. Marine color (white pearl). All original heads except for front of bass drum. Minor cracking on outer shell on floor tom. Includes 3 original Zildjian cymbals and stands, in addition to hi-hat cymbals and components. Black naugahyde covers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ebay finished at $710. on the complete vintage set. not sure why, oh well. will keep the drums for another 10-20 years I guess. certainly no rush to sell. any thoughts from the group? Flr tom outer skin is cracked, but everything else is perfect, original. ??

• Members

the 70's roger kits for some reason usually don't go for that much money. The sets from the 60's usually bring in a good price. I guess the ones from the 70's are not in that high demand.

A 5 piece same wrap and same year was up at the same time. It sold for $535. I think shipping was only $60 on it too.

Also your measurements on the sizes of the drums might have thrown people.

"Bass 23", floor tom 16.5", tom 13.5", snare 14.5"

Most likely it is a 22 or 24" drum, and the others are 13 and 16 and 14.

That could have caused confusion for some maybe.

Adding better pictures and pictures of the cymbals would help too.

I would almost think you would be better off selling the cymbals separate from the drums. If someone is into the drums but doesn't want the cymbals they have to pay the inflated price for the whole kit plus the extra shipping. You might even get more for selling the cymbals separately.

Try listing it again with a better presentation of the auction and you might sell them. Also the auction with the same type kit might have been some competition. Now it is done you might have a better chance.

good luck with it.

Archived