mallet kat

jcloud

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just posted a Mallet Kat on this forum classified section under percussion. You can email me at kdennis47@yahoo.com I will send you detailed pics. It is the older metal version 4 full octaves. This is a good opportunity to get one at a reasonable price. Not sure what to ask...originally paid $3K about 12 years ago new. I would like to avoid ebay if I get a decent offer here, but it will go on auction otherwise. Please let me know your thoughts if still in the market. All offers considered.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I have a 4-octave which has seen little use. I bought it when the Mallet Kat was first introduced. Then I had the software upgraded and the box refinished just a month or two before Kat went under. I had kept the original FSR pads, so the Kat works fine. I also have one or two spare pads, all connecting cables (and I think one or two to spare), and the original instruction book.

I performed on it with Ensemble Europa. When Europa broke up my new group, New Europa Troubadours, travelled in a different musical direction. So the Kat has sat, unplayed, for 12 years and it seems unlikely I will find need for it.

I was just debating whether to sell it when I saw this query. Am thinking $1499 plus shipping.

Brian Eastman

• 1 month later...

Archived