FS/FT Pearl Masters Maple MSX Retrospec Drums in WMP w/hsc in Exc. Cond.

boundlessrecord

• Members

Pearl only put these sets out for a few years I believe, discontinuing them around the time they started to really push the "reference" series. This kit is essentially a Pearl Masters Maple (USA Maple, not your cheap drrum/PDP maple) in vintage white marine pearl finish. They called this series the retrospec line of Masters because all available finishes were vintage style finishes. These were purchased new in June of 05 for my recording studio. I get a lot of kids in to record who bring their maple kit or other kit in and one of the main comments I get is how heavy duty these drums are. You really can tell that no expense was spared in these kits.

This drum set consists of fusion size drums: 18x22 virgin kick, 10x7, 12x8, 14x11 toms with the higher end pearl optimounts on them. The toms have heavy duty die cast hoops and they sound amazing. The kick has wood hoops and it sounds massive. The only mark on these drums is on the batter side hoop on the bass drum where the kick pedal clamps on and that is actually on metal to protect the wood. The drums come with Protechtor cases which are great. The cases are sort of tear drop shaped so that there is a stable bass if you have them on their side, and to make room on for any type of tom or bass drum mount.

The drum heads do need to be changed, but I was not about to change them before sale because the heads may not be what the buyer wants to put on them. Currently they have clear remo ambassadors on the bottoms of the toms which are in great condition, and coated evans G1's on the tops which are in need of a change. The kick has a stock clear single ply PDP head on the batter side, and an evans EQ series coated with precut hole. This head is in good shap, but as I said the batters need changing.

I have been anal with the people using my kit. No playing on the rim of the kick drum, and keep toms an inch above the kick at least so you don't scuff the kick drum.

The set comes with three short style Pearl L-arms for the toms. Cases for all the drums, and the drums themselves.

I am looking to part ways with this kit not because of money or a dislike of the kit, but rather I am getting away from recording Modern style bands and I want a more vintage sounding kit. This kit can get all types of sounds and has a wide tuning, but I'd love to get a kit with a 24 or 26" kick and some larger toms. If you are interested in a trade, I am looking for some older vintage or vintage reissue style drums ala slingerland, ludwig, premier, camco, rogers types of kits. I would prefer 3 ply or 6ply maple, vintage mahogany, or birch kits. I would love a sparkle finish instead of the other vintage finishes. I am open to cash/partial trade options as well. I am looking to get a kit for a kit so no trades for other studio stuff or other instruments. I would also love a kit with a snare.

For pics, please email me. or see http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/939915957.html

Archived