FS: Ludwig Standard snare, bronze strata

lossforgain

• Members

Poor man's Jazz Fest, anyone? (insert joke about the economy here)

This is a 70's Ludwig Standard 5x14 in bronze strata, which I hear is more rare than gold strata. I'm sure many who see the pics will debate whether it's bronze or gold, but having the drum in my hands I believe it to be bronze; it's all orange and black. The orange highlights into gold only when the camera flash hits it.

I would say she's in "good plus" condition. There are some spots on the hoops that are too far gone to clean IMO. But a couple of new hoops and she'll be a strong "very good" condition. The only other thing is a bit of scratching under the badge (see pic), otherwise pretty nice. Not museum nice, but has anyone seen a Ludwig Standard in a museum? As far as I know, they are the under-rated great-sounding cheaper-alternative to a Jazz Fest that everyone wants to play so they can leave the Oyster Black drum at home. Right?

Here she is:

LudStdfront.jpg

LudStdfinish2.jpg

LudStdscratch.jpg

LudStdinterior.jpg

LudStdabove.jpg

Only $165 shipped in the US48!

Ebay/HC references available. Can meet locally in the mid-Atlantic region. Someone's gonna snap this one up...

• Members

One bump for a great drum. Maybe she'll stay with me...but you know you want it!

I would consider trades (plus/minus cash if applicable) for the following:

Early (or not) Sabian HH cymbals

Older Zildjian Avedis cymbals, especially 16 and 22 inch, or 18 with factory rivets

Meinl Byzance cymbals, especially 16-18 inch crashes

Bosphorus Masters cymbals, especially hats

Rogers wood snare drums

Ludwig green sparkle snare drums (vintage or new)

Tempus snare drums

Archived