FS: Slingerland 1960s player's kit $399

lossforgain

• Members

Okay guys -- after buying a LOT of parts and spending many hours of labor on disassembling, cleaning, polishing, and otherwise caring for this Slingerland project kit...

I found another vintage kit I want to buy. ;) Isn't that always the way?

Slingerland 1960's (black-gold Niles badges) dark blue sparkle kit, 20/12/16.

This would be a great cheap kit to start your love affair with vintage drums or for the student who needs some good inexpensive drums (I have some student cymbals too if you need those). The drums have all the wrap in fair to good shape, with repainted white interiors (I didn't do it). All the edges are in good shape and the drums sound great. ALL parts are correct except for a few of the tension rods -- mufflers and Stick Saver hoops are present. Here's what you get, and a list of mods/issues.

8x12 tom: badge is off, but included. Some fade (purplish), some dings in the wrap but no cracks. Clip mount.

16x16 floor tom: one decent-sized pearl crack on the badge panel, one very small one on the back. No rubber feet on the legs. Much less fade. Some incorrect tension rods.

14x20 bass: some slices/scratches in the pearl from where a previous owner had applied (and later removed some) black vinyl contact paper. I had intended to fix it up with some Novus polish to remove the scratches but didn't make it that far. Not much fade on this drum. Hoops are a bit rough and chewed in some spots and have been repainted flat black (not me again). No hoop inlays.

Also includes: FT legs, double tom post (clip style) and BD mount of course, spurs, several new Ludwig heads and a couple used ones.

I can provide other pics if needed. Please note that stands, cymbals, and snare drum are for illustrative purposes only and not included in this sale. And yes, I know the BD head says Ludwig -- what can I say? It's what I had on hand (brand new) and sounds great.

SlingFrontflash2.jpg

RideTomflash1.jpg

FlTompearlcrack1.jpg

BDflash1.jpg

Ride tom interior

Floor tom interior

BD hoop rough spots

SlingFrontnatural1.jpg

Now the best part:

ONLY $399 plus actual shipping!

I prefer to ship in the US, but if an international buyer has to have them, send me a PM. Ebay and HC references are always available, and I can meet up in the central mid-Atlantic region.

Archived