WANTED: General Music Equinox Synth

• Members

Am interested in buying an Equinox synth by General Music (GEM). Prefer 61 note but will consider the 76 or 88 versions as well. These were manufactured about 10 years ago and phased out in the early 2000s. These were one of my favorite keyboards although not very popular among most players and reliability was suspect.

Email me at: rockinroller@hotmail.com and let me know what you have, where and how much you want. Thanks.

• Members

Am interested in buying an Equinox synth by General Music (GEM). Prefer 61 note but will consider the 76 or 88 versions as well. These were manufactured about 10 years ago and phased out in the early 2000s. These were one of my favorite keyboards although not very popular among most players and reliability was suspect.

Email me at:
and let me know what you have, where and how much you want. Thanks.

GEM instruments that I have owned were (to me) far better in the quality of their sounds than those of the big three but you're right to worry about the quality of their build. They aren't represented very well here in the States and like with Solton it's a real pity because they do sound very good. Good luck finding an Equinox.

• Members

I bought 4 of the last ones in production, in 2001-2002, from online music stores. I had purchased one prior to that and was so impressed with the quality and maneuverability and with particular regard to emulating the Hammond B3 w/Leslie fast-slow effect that I scrambled to find more of the boards, having learned they were being phased out by GEM. I unfortunately got bored of owning 5 of these so as financial needs presented themselves, I methodically sold off all but 2, which I now have--and use professionally. However I now am in need of a 3rd one--to leave at church when I perform the contemporary Christian music during weekly services--and am sorry that I have sold all but the two. Are you familiar with any other board--even newer GEM models--that provide the Hammond/Leslie sound opportunities as well as mix in the strings, horns, reeds, etc. that other manufacturers provide in their boards?

• Members

I bought 4 of the last ones in production, in 2001-2002, from online music stores. I had purchased one prior to that and was so impressed with the quality and maneuverability and with particular regard to emulating the Hammond B3 w/Leslie fast-slow effect that I scrambled to find more of the boards, having learned they were being phased out by GEM. I unfortunately got bored of owning 5 of these so as financial needs presented themselves, I methodically sold off all but 2, which I now have--and use professionally. However I now am in need of a 3rd one--to leave at church when I perform the contemporary Christian music during weekly services--and am sorry that I have sold all but the two. Are you familiar with any other board--even newer GEM models--that provide the Hammond/Leslie sound opportunities as well as mix in the strings, horns, reeds, etc. that other manufacturers provide in their boards?

I honestly don't know. sound is so subjective that I'd hate to say. I don't really like Roland productss all that much but it seems like a friend of mine who is a real Hammond fanatic said it emulated it very well but I can't remember the model. Nord makes a great keyboard also so that might be a possibility. I wish I could help more but I really don't know other than having owned the Nord and loving it.

Archived