Rickenbacker 4003 Bass w/upgrades. Minty!

• Members

SOLD!

I bought this bass a few months ago, and it has sat in it's case for most of the time I've owned it. It is in absolute minty condition and has only been played a handful of times. No dings, dents, or scratches other than the slightest surface swirls from polishing. There was a tiny imperfection by the stock bridge, but the Hipshot bridge covers it up nicely. Fantastic condition overall.

It has been upgraded with a Brass Hipshot bridge (link), and the pickup cover has been removed and the cavity now holds a cove-style Trebel Bezel from PickoftheRicks (link). The replacement bridge comes with extra parts, and original bridge and pickup cover will be included. All case candy is also included. I did use the supplied polish cloth a few times, if that makes a difference.

What can I say... I am just not bonding with it. It's a beautiful bass, and I had wanted one for many years, but it just doesn't fit my style. It sounds great, looks great, and plays great, and it is definitely one of the most solid instruments I have ever had my hands on, but unfortunately it just doesn't feel like the bass for me.

I am primarily looking to trade for an American P Bass or perhaps an American Ernie Ball Stingray. If you have a different bass, feel free to make an offer, the worst I can say is no. (Possibly +/- a bit of cash depending on what you offer.)

I am not really in a hurry to get rid of it, so no cash offers at this time. I may decide to sell it down the line, but for now I am mainly interested in a trade. I'll just hang on to it until I find the right trade. No lowball offers, please.

Any questions? Feel free to ask. I will respond quickly.

Thanks for looking, and pardon the slightly blurry pics. It was overcast today and my camera is a bit old. I tried to get every angle of the bass. Any marks on the bass are just smudges or fuzz bits from the case.

Many more pics here: http://imgur.com/a/13qSU

8de49ae917368c688a8797b67315794a.thumb.jpg.16d1665ce96d4eab77d5616d34191a0a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived