FT. REX BROWN owned, custom shop Fernandes prototype

skiscem

• Members

Hi there.

Well here its something you dont see everyday, this fernandes bass was the first prototype made for Rex Brown of Pantera when he was endorsed by them back in the 90's.

As far as condition, everything works perfect, the neck is straight, and there is no issues besides the pick marks and a handful of bumps and scratches , remember, this bass was used on Pantera tours and there is sings of a lot of use but not abuse, there is no noticeable fret wear and electronics are perfect.

EMG pickups with a "custom Made" preamp

Im not sure what wood was used on the body, but the bass is very dark sounding, it almost sound to me like mahogany,the body finish is waxed and feels like a warwick. the neck is a very figured birdseye maple and its finished on a flat paint that looks and feel like nitro.

The tuners seem to be gotoh and the bridge Schaller with adjustable width.

It also comes with the original case, fer scratches and i rip on the tolex but works perfect, there is also a big piece of tape with the description of the bass written on it.

I contacted Rex about the bass and sent him a picture of it, He confirmed that it was the first proto made for him on the Fernandes custom shop and that he gave it to a friend when he got endorsed by Spector, i got the bass from a music producer in california.

I dont have certifications besides a myspace message were he confirm that this was his bass.

I love this bass but this is more a collectors item than a gigging machine, and i am looking for a good 5 strings bass .

and with this economy im short on money and i need another bass

Im open to SR5, MIA fender, Lakland, Valenti, RIC, ESH....... just show me what you have, even 4 strings, im also looking for a MESA M6 carbine, studio preamps, mics.... etc

Would sell for $1250 SHIPPED!!

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you want more specfic pictures

Archived