Quite a few basses for trade...Fender, Yamaha, Ovation, and others

Navybass65

• Members

I'd be more than willing to do 1 for 1, 2 for one, or 3 for 1 but it would have to be THE bass.

Let's start the list;

1. Unique Bass/Guitar doubleneck

This is a cool and unique instrument. Here's the deal, I made the body out of 2 pieces of swamp ash. The bass neck is a MIM Fender Jazz bass neck and the guitar neck is made by Allparts.

The controls are 2 volumes and 2 tones and control the pickups on both necks. The switches are a 2 way neck selector and a 3 way pickup selector. The bass pickups are from a US made Peavey and the guitar pickups are from a Switch guitar.

This would make a great instrument for someone that plays both bass and guitar. It weighs in at 11.5 pounds which is not bad for a doubleneck.

I've had a few people tell me that I should have put the bass neck on the bottom. The reason I put it on the top is because I play bass most of the time.

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

2. Ovation Magnum IV GONE

• Members

3. 1983 Fender Elite II Precision Bass.

This bass is in excellent condition. There is one ding with paint missing on the back and a small dent on the back of the neck. None of these affects playability.

This bass has a beautiful 2 tone sunburst that fades from a yellow center to a redish brown edge.

These basses are much more versatile than a standard P-bass due to the 2 pickups. This bass can go from a thunderous thump to a sweet slap. The neck is a dream to play on and is nice and smooth.

All the electronics work fine, the action is nice and low, truss rod works great and the frets are in great shape.

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

4. Yamaha BB 404 GONE

• Members

5. Custom Built Bass

This is a great playing and sounding bass. I'm not sure who built it as I got it on a trade, but the craftsmanship is very good. The body has a mahogany back with a beautifully figured walnut top. The neck is mahogany with maple stringers and a Pao Ferro fretboard with 24 frets. The neck has a truss rod and 2 steel stiffening rods.

The electronics consist of 2 Diesel humbucking pickups, 1 volume, 1 balance control, a Bartolini 3 band EQ with mid selector switch. All the electronics work great.

The action is nice and low and the truss rod works well.

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

What I'd be interested in;

Rickenbacker 4001 or 4003

Spector NS4CRFM (Czec built w/neck through and crown inlays) preferably in transparent purple but other colors are cool)

70's Fender P or J bass

or whatever...don't be afraid to run something by me.

As I said before I'd be willing to do multiple basses for THE right bass.

More to come, so check back often.

• Members

Here's another one.

It's a MIM Fender Precision bass that was modified by me. It now has 2 EMG P bass pickups, 2 volume controls, 1 tone, side mounted input jack and a light blue sparkle finish.

The finish is light blue metallic with red, blue, and gold sparkles in the clearcoat. The paint looks pretty good. There are a few blemishes in the paint from use, but overall, it looks pretty good.

The tone of this bass is fantastic. The 2 EMG P-bass pickups really take her over the top. It has an older Fender bridge with a meatier baseplate and has the option to be strung through the body or from the bridge.

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

Archived