FT: 1989 Carvin LB75

Teletypist

• Members

This is the original version of the Carvin neck-through bass design, and 1988/89 were the only two years it was offered as a 5-string with passive electrics. The HB13 pickups were also only available for those two years. A terrific bass, especially for that traditional Rock sound. The stacked humbuckers can be individually split. The single-coil tone is as good as any I've ever found. Also has a phase switch for even more tone options.

It also has the traditional Carvin 34" scale, making the transition from a 4-string easier.

To top is off: it has the "Stereo" option - a separate output for each pickup. Using this to drive two separate amps, or the stereo input of a MFX, can really give some cool sonic effects. Of course you can also use it as a "standard" mono output.

The bass also has first-rate hardware including a hefty Schaller roller bridge and perfectly functioning tuners (This was also the last year for those Schallers). It has the (optional) beautiful book-matched flame maple top.

The bass is 20 years old, but you wouldn't guess it from the condition. Very nice, I think it's a pretty bass, and it does get it's share of compliments. The fingerboard and frets are in very good condition, everything works correctly, and it comes with the original Carvin case (it's traveled a lot, so it's a bit worn but still does the job).

Some pictures here:

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg46/teletypist/Carvin%20LB75S/

As for trades, really only looking for Peavey Cirri, 4-string lined FL or 5/6 string fretted. Genz-Benz bass and guitar gear is also cool as are guitars. But if you have something else interesting (bass or guitar) shoot me a PM anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived