FS: TUNE Casiopea TWX51 - 5 String - Black - Near Perfect

a2zbassman

• Members

SOLD

It's a Korean model, not the real, real, good ones out of Japan. I love the playability and tone from this - very versatile with the 3-band and notch filter. Great low action with no buzz. And the string spacing at the bridge is 18mm. The bathroom scale I used showed the wt. of this bass at 9.5 - 10 lbs.

Condition and appearance are a 9+/10. It had a few pick/fingernail scratches around the pups and knobs, so when I restrung it I buffed those out with rubbing compound and gave it a polish. You can still see a couple of them but have to literally be within inches to do so (a little more rubbing compound and some elbow grease would eliminate those it you so desired). Also, FYI, I put on a nearly new set of DR Hi-Beams.

As for the tone, it's fantastic! Very bright, modern, sounding (notch filter at full clockwise . . . can get very different sounds with small adjustments on the filter . . . reminds me of the mid-sweep knob from my Peavey USA Millennium, just not nearly as convenient as it's located on the PCB board under the back cover). Also, this bass has one of the best Low B's I've ever heard from a 34" scale bass. Very tight and pronounced.

Here are the factory specs (I know, some of it's a bit repetitive, but that's how it's posted on the site):

Body- Mahogany

Neck- Bolt-on 3 piece laminate hard maple,

24frets Roswwood fingerboard

Controls PCB : GZP-2

Master volume, pickup blend

Trible: +17dB/-17dB at 8kHz

Middle: +12dB/-12dB at 350Hz

Bass: +15dB/-15dB at 90Hz

18 volt electronics

Pickups- SWS-4H

Bridge- THD5

Finish- Black with Urethane clear finish

TWX series features all bassic Tune quality spaces with attractive exotic woods and 4, 5, 6 string variations.

The Stream line body and flexible electronics give the TWX a rich, heavy bottom and a clear high-end. The 3-band EQ and PCB mount notch filter expands tonal flexbility.

Features: Mahogany body, 24frets Rosewood fingerboard, chrome hardware, adjustable THD-bridge, bolt on 3 piece laminate hard maple neck, Die-cast deluxe tuners, two high-output low-noise pickups. High gloss urethane clear finish

Controls include: Master volume, pickup balance, treble(+17dB/-17dB at 8kHz),

middle(+12dB/-12dB at 350Hz), bass(+15dB/-15dB at 90Hz).

PCB controls: Neck side pickup gain, bridge side pickup gain and notch filter trimmer.

Link to the page: http://tuneguitars.com/store/wizmart.php?query=view&code=030501&no=39&lv=2

OK, now the price. These sell through their site for $1088, and I'm sure, plus shipping. I'm gonna list it for $425 shipped. No trades.

Shipping to CONUS/Lower 48 ONLY.

PayPal preferred. Will also take USPS MO.

PICS (please excuse the finger prints/smudges and cat hair - thought I got them all wiped off - but - guess I didn't):

TUNE1.jpg

TUNE3.jpg

TUNE4.jpg

TUNE2.jpg

TUNE10.jpg

Thnx for looking!!

Archived