FS: 1978 Ebony Gibson RD Artist Bass

Texas Noise Factory

• Members

I'm the second owner as far as I can tell. It's all black. Body and neck are maple construction with an ebony fretboard. Some weather checking, a good amount of honest playing wear and scratches and dings noted in the pictures. Typical for a 30+ year old well used instrument. Headstock inlay is flaking a bit of the clear coat in two places, but it's only noticeable if you really look at it. Original Moog electronics intact and working great. All original knobs. Knob for Bass EQ is a little scratchy, but it works fine. Frets are in good condition all up and down the neck. Plays nice, sounds huge. Hardly ever goes out of tune. Only non-original items are the strap holders. They are not installed in the pics, but the bass will be shipped with them installed. Comes with original case. Middle clip on case is missing and one latch is fully functional, but missing the spring. The other works fine. The handle on the case is weak, but functional. I recently rebuilt it to work correctly. The bass measures 11.2lbs on the scale. New strings have been installed. It sounds like a beast! See pics. It's not perfect, but is a great player. Action is suitably low, and it growls with authority.

I've owned this bass for about 10 years now. I've got another RD Artist Bass, and this one was my backup when playing live. I retired from playing bass actively about 5 years ago, and it has seen little action since. It's time to move it on to someone who will use it and love it. More pics are available by request.

A 1977 RD Artist guitar in ebony is also available if you want it. Let me know if you are interested in that option.

Price is: $2000 +$75 shipping to the continental US For the Gibson RD Artist Bass.

For
For
For
For
For
For
For
For
For
For

• 1 month later...
  • Members

A bump for a killer bass! I have the matching guitar. It belonged to a pro musician that left it at a shop to have the electronics removed and wired like a Les Paul and he never returned to pick it up. I bought it wired like a LP with the electronics to go back in it for a nice price. I would love to be able to afford the bass to have its brother! smile.gif

Archived