HipKitty: The Oxblood Distortion - TRADED

pete12string

• Members

TRADED...

The Oxblood Distortion

Why not try something rare, different and unique? Here's a HipKitty Oxblood Distortion. It is a fantastic AC15 Vox In A Box!

Here are some bits from a review by Premier Guitar:

"A Vox in a box? Sounds good to me! The folks at HipKitty have produced a distortion pedal known as the Oxblood.

It was specifically designed to emulate a Vox AC15 amplifier, with an added tube stage for greater distortion and

a bigger kick. With this pedal you can achieve that true British tube-amp tone, without the British tube amp! Like

all HipKitty products, this pedal is a “hands-on” experience. It is hand constructed, the component board is hand

etched and populated, and it is entirely hand wired. On top of that, each pedal is hand painted, so no two units are

exactly alike."

"An interesting feature of the Oxblood is the trim pot, located on the inside of the pedal. Removing the four screws and

backplate of the pedal, you’ll find the small trim pot on the component board. The trim pot is used to bias the Oxblood,

and adjusting it has an effect on how much distortion and sensitivity the Oxblood will exhibit. It’s a nice, added feature

that allows you to fine tune the effect to your liking and customize the tone with your specific guitar and amp."

"I couldn’t complete my test drive without giving it the Brian May test! I plugged in my Burns Brian May guitar with three

Tri-sonic pickups. While the tone wasn’t instantly dead-on as a Vox/Queen tone, it was pretty darn close! Playing around

with different pickup configurations as well as the Drive and Tone knobs opened up an even wider variety of tonal possibilities."

And from the HipKitty Website:

"Designed to emulate a small EL84 tube based combo with plenty of gain available.

Think small British tube amp with an extra gain stage. In fact, the Oxblood's

distortion goes beyond what those Class "A" amplifiers offer, yet retains the "jangle".

You would swear there are tubes inside the pedal!"

"All HipKitty Products carry a limited lifetime warranty on the electronics.

All switches, jacks and potentiometers have a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase.

Finishes and control knobs are not included. The warranty is not limited to the original

purchase and is considered transferable. Physical damage (impact or electrical), modifications

and unauthorized changes or repairs to any HipKitty product will void the warranty."

Sound clip on YouTube:

$85 shipped to CONUS. Bank Check or USPS Money Order only please.

May be interested in trades for a flanger or chorus.

IMG_0075_zpsaaboenqm.jpg

IMG_0076_zpshkjqgsnk.jpg

IMG_0077_zpsmvaqjwb1.jpg

IMG_0084_zpsilllx84s.jpg

IMG_0085_zpsmgnnup21.jpg

IMG_0086_zpsrsqbikr8.jpg

IMG_0088_zps64e9ovob.jpg

IMG_0087_zpscyosm8gn.jpg

Archived