Modded DL4s, Gear Repairs + Mods

drasp

• Members

Update: Just revised my listings on Reverb, take a look!!!

1) DIY Kit - BASE: http://rvrb.io/any-dl4-delay-loop-3bu

2) DIY Kit - MAX: http://rvrb.io/any-dl4-delay-loop-xpn

3) Fully Modded DL4: http://rvrb.io/any-dl4-delay-mode-mnk

Update: I've got a kinda weird one-off enclosure. I had this one nickel plated by a local guy who thought he'd be able to do high quality plating for me. Of course I jumped at it b/c that sounded AWESOME, but the results weren't really even or smooth enough, and the price was pretty crazy, so it was a dead end. I found it in a box the other day though, and it DOES have a funky/cool vibe, so I thought I'd offer it up.

Anyone interested in having a DL4 built w/ this enclosure? Maybe adding some paint or some kind of relic job could be cool? Drop me a PM if you've got an idea for a direction to take this sucker in!!!

nickel_dl4-a.JPG

nickel_dl4-b.JPG

nickel_dl4-c.JPG

UPDATE 3/11/2015 - Haven't done any pedal mods in the last couple years, all I've had time for is the DIY Kits. Thought I'd throw the old thread up & see if there is any interest in me dusting off the old Weller & doing some MODS!!!

Now offering the kits via Reverb!

Just had someone point out to me that the thread here was missing all the info on the DIY kits!!! Wait times on mods performed in-house have gotten pretty long, so the DIY kits are more attractive than ever!!!

Update: 12/11/2012, Now offering the Looper Mode Stomp Mod - jump in & out of Looper Mode w/ yer FEET!!! Includes status LED. PM or E-mail for more info.

New video demos of a drasp'd DL4 & MM4 are up - take a peek of what they can do in the right hands!

[MEDIA=youtube]foDuRiZ4XZo[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]z1p5GvbL4Rk[/MEDIA]

For info on my mod/repair services, check the link in my Sig!

UPDATED 8/02/09 - These are now a regular item. No more eBay auctions will be offered. I want direct contact with EVERY customer before they order. Also, the print instructions never worked out, so I have an electronic version (which you're welcome to print if you find a need) which I will send you.

DIY DL4 Mod Kits

I've been having lots of trouble keeping up with the demand for the DL4 mods I've been doing. While I know lots of folks will still want to send in their units for snazzy paint & other custom goodness, other would prefer to take things in their own hands! I'm getting the first ~dozen kits ready to ship THIS WEEK. Shoot me a PM for more info, or shoot an e-mail to 'dl4mods_AT_gmail.com'

1) Text Instructions w/ Color Pix (now a download) - these will be pretty detailed & include clear photos showing how the unit comes apart & goes back together, how I perform the mods, etc.

2) 4x brand new rugged, chassis mounted, soft-touch momentary stomp switches pre-wired w/ high quality hook-up wire & heat shrink

3) 4x water clear, high brightness LEDs in your choice of the following colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Violet, White, Pink

5) high quality solder & de-soldering braid, heat shrink tubing

6) 24k 1% 1/4W resistors for output buffer mod

Updated price is $55 shipped via USPS 1st Class + D.C.

Optional:

a) EXP knob kit - $15

b) EXP switch kit (w/LED) - $20

c) EXP belt box kit - TBD

Make yours sexy like deees:

alex_h_dl4_c.JPG

brett_k_mm4_c.JPG

dave_l_dl4_a.JPG

fletcher_m_dl4_1_c.JPG

jim_s_b.JPG

kayzer_c.JPG

shane_t_dl4_b.JPG

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, if you want knob control of the EXP/presets feature on the DL4, but you don't want the knob on the side where you can fiddle w/ your foot, and you don't want to carry around a big EXP pedal, then you could use one of these:

belt_box.jpg

belt_box_detail.jpg

• Members

Very cool!

So If I sent in my MM4, FM4 & DL4 it would be $175 each? Ouch
:(

Or do you only do the DL4s?

Well, only if you wanted the whole enchalada! If you just need switches, etc. it wouldn't be so bad. I haven't done the mods to the MM4 or FM4 but it should be the same. IIRC, the MM4 actually shares the PCB w/ the DL4. . .

I'm positive the switch/LED situation is identical for all of 'em.

• Members

Well, only if you wanted the whole enchalada! If you just need switches, etc. it wouldn't be so bad. I haven't done the mods to the MM4 or FM4 but it should be the same. IIRC, the MM4 actually shares the PCB w/ the DL4. . .

I'm positive the switch/LED situation is identical for all of 'em.

Basically all I need is the switch and LED upgrade, and also the volume one as I get a slight volume drop with each one. Already have expression pedals for each, and they way they are on my board I wouldn't be able to work the built in one on the side anyway.

I have to say, the two modded DL4's in the original post really look great!

• Members

Would the little green exp controller work with other pedals?? I have exp pedals for a moogerfooger and keeley ad9. Could your controller work in the place of the exp footpedals??

It's just a linear 10k pot in an enclosure w/ a nice mono jack. If that's compatible with the EXP needs of your pedals, it'll work like a charm! ;)

• Members

When i get my FM4 sold im definitely gonna send you my DL4. I traded a Boss DD-20 to a guy on here for a DL4 only for it to not work when i received it. Then the guy wouldn't make it right and send me my pedal back :/

I have no idea what's wrong with it, havent been able to try a power supply but i know it doesn't work with batteries. But maybe you'll know what's wrong haha. Then i can get that sick black color, new LED's etc.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived