Super Rare Death by Audio "Mission Control" one of a kind effect.

nico/atd

• Members

Hey!

I'm selling my DBA Mission Control.

A very few of these were custom made by request of the Dandy Warhols. DBA ended up making one for each band member and a few other ones with the remaining PCBs.

This is truly a one of a kind effect.

It's a resonant filter, a tremolo and a fuzzy overdrive (taken from the Interstellar Overdriver circuit) all in one.

The big knob under the input jack controls the filter frequency. It has a large sweep and it sounds rough and warm, reminds me of this other DBA filter I have that was made for Trent Reznor to his specs.

The speed controls the rate of the tremolo.

The blend controls how much of the tremolo is added to the signal. At highest rates it sounds like when you modulate a filter with a LFO, creating harmonics and octave up/down effect.

The overdrive is fixed at about what is 12 o' clock on the IOD : it was set like this so there's enough gain to have the filter really cut through what pedals come after, pretty much like when you have a built-in boost or fuzz in your wah pedal so you can place it before you fuzz and overcome it.

The level controls the output volume.

It's basically mint, only used in the studio.

No looking for any trades unless you're into synth modules : then I'm after a Malekko Anti-Oscillator and an Analog Systems EMS Trapezoid Generator.

Asking for 350$ shipped anywhere in the world.

Thanks!

dba1.jpg

dba2.jpg

• 5 years later...

Archived