For Sale: Schecter C-1 Elite in Amber w/ Seymour Duncan's upgrade $325 shipped

Dr. Scottie C

• Members

Ok guys, I thought with all the fraud & scams going on around here, I'd offer someone what I feel to be a legitimate good deal. (I have a list of good references as long as your wedding tackle, and 100% perfect ebay feedback, so have no fear)

This is a 2004 Schecter C-1 Elite.

These guitars sell in Musicians Friend & AMS catalogs new for $599.00...$699 at most retail stores.

The one you are looking at I bought as a factory 2nd (see photo), because on the back it came from the factory with a dent to the wood (see photo).

The guitar plays like butter. The action is sick, and I just set it up with GHS 9's, in standard tuning.

About 18 months ago, I upgraded the pickups to a Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 in the neck, and a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. The 2 humbuckers, plus installation were around $200.00

I bought the guitar for $499, as it was $100 off due to the blemish.

And the pickups were $200.00.... so I have about $700 in it.

This is a players guitar. I have used this guitar alot. The frets & neck are pretty much perfect, and playabilty is 100%.... but as far as overall condition (from the tarnishing gold hardware, the various scratches) is a modest 7/10 condition.

Now.... if you are standing 5 feet away from the guitar.... it looks perfect.

but it is not..... it plays fantastic, and looks good....but a museum piece it is not.

Asking $325 shipped in the USA. Pay pal only.

I ship fast, and my items are 100% as decribed. No case, but I will professionally pack with all neccessary materials. Please ask any and all questions.

The fine print....

This is a set in neck Schecter elite, with $200 worth of Seymour Duncans. It plays terrific, and still looks good too. However, if you are someone that is going to be up at night worrying about a scratch or blemish, or tanished gold hardware....then this is not the guitar for you.

Please view the pictures:

000_0386.jpg

000_0387.jpg

000_0388.jpg

000_0389.jpg

000_0390.jpg

000_0391.jpg

000_0392.jpg

000_0393.jpg

• Members

Does this one have push pull coil tap?

Thanx

Pete

P.S. Who's the babe in the avatar?

Yep... push/pull coil tap is there.

I can't say who that babe is, but I assure you she looks just as good up close, as she does in the pic. (although her hair is more blond now)

I may have her do some sexy poses with the Schecter that I can send along....to whomever buys it that is. :)

• Members

C'mon guys!!! $325 shipped can't get this done?? on a Schecter C1 Elite with Seymour Duncan's???....Push/Pull splitter??? So much inlay and detail work that all the babes will be telling you "sexy guitar"!!!

Did I mention the action is sick on this thing??

Did I mention I have $200 in pickups in this thing??

Did I mention that the girl in my avatar has been trying to learn "Back in Black" on this guitar all night, and this Elite will probably smell like her for weeks??

Ok.... this is my last offer..... $315.00 shipped. I am going to bed now, and if she's not got a serious buyer (or interest) by morning, than to ebay it goes.... where upper $300's will easily happen for sure.

• Members

no case?

At this price??? No way. I'm already grabbing my ankles on this one as it is.

If one was to search ebay auctions that have ended on these, you would see what a great value this is. Plus, mine has the major pickup upgrade.

Just to be clear.....a Schecter marked "2nd" is not an uncommon thing. Schecter is known for stamping 2nd on the any guitar that has even the smallest blem. 80% of Schecter's sold through Musician's Friend are stamped "2nd".

I hope most people understand that Musician Friend & AMS only sell items that have small blems, or are dealer returns. This is how they undercut your local mom & pop stores.

1) They are selling factory seconds which they buy cheaper than mom & pop buys firsts for.

2) They are buying these 2nds in mass quanities....so they get an even deeper discount.

Take this Schecter Elite for example.... M.F. have $260.00 in each of these.

They sell them for $599.00..... of course this item qualifies for "free UPS ground shipping"...because they just made $340.00 bucks.

Mom & Pop (local Schecter dealer) have approx. $415 in each of these landed. They really can't do $599, as that mark is only about 20 points...at $184 profit. So they do $699.00

Even if they sell at $699, they didn't make as much as "the friend to the Musicians" made from their $599 blem.

$299 shipped = a freakin' steal.... (Schecter cases are always sold seperate...they never include them w/ their price)

• Members

LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!

There must be a full moon. So, I put this guitar on 2 other websites.

I put it on both websites at $350 shipped, thinking...I'll give myself some play room as everyone likes to play the carnival barker at a Mexican flea market and ask you "so...what's your best price, partner?"

So... last night, a some guy and I agree at $330 shipped.

So he pay pals me....

As I go to my pay pal to receive it, literal red flags are all over my account, unverified buyer this, unknown address that..etc..etc... it's not looking good.

So I call pay pal. They investigate, and call me back. Yep, good guess....they uncover scam #6,927,873. This one based out of San Jose, California.

So at any rate......

The guitar is still for sale or trade. $299.00 shipped in the USA. No scams please. PM me with offers/trades/etc...

• 3 years later...

Archived