MIJ SG Copy Fujigen Gakki Circa '72-'74!

billy budapest

• Members

I'm reducing the price here because I already have one and because I want to send this piece on to someone else with a similar fascination with the Japanese craftsmanship of the era...

Here is a very early example of a "lawsuit era" guitar from the Fujigen factory in Japan, circa 1972-74. It is an unbranded SG copy that is essentially an Ibanez Model 2354.

The guitar is completely original - with the possible exception of the knobs - and features the Maxon humbucker pickups that were used prior to the advent of Super 70s.

The neck is rosewood and has beautiful hand-cut and inlaid mother of pearl or pearloid inlays. The neck and headstock are fully bound.

The guitar is in extremely good condition despite all the usual nicks and dings that accompany items from this era, but the mahogany is choice, the neck is straight, the truss rod and all electronics function perfectly. The frets are at about 70%, so somebody loved this one for a long time, but there is no effect on playability.

Sorry, no case.

Full-Outdoors.jpgBodyClose-Outdoors.jpgBack-Indoors.jpgHeadstock-Indoors.jpgTuners.jpgSmallFretMarkers-Outdoors.jpgBodyRouting.jpgKnobs.jpg

$300 plus shipping. Paypal OK (add 3%).

Thanks!

bb

• Members

i had of these w/o hte trem. its an aria.

I also have one without the trem - an Ibanez. It's identical to the unbranded one here in almost every way. I've seriously bonded with the Ibby which is the only reason that I'm putting this one up for sale. I think the factory produced them for a couple of different companies.

Here's my 1975 Ibanez 2354S (the "S" is for stoptail):

Ibanez2354SFullCell.jpg

bb

• Members

I had one exactly like this w/vintage vibe HB sized P90s in it. Sounded and played great. Good luck bump.

I know - along with everything else, these things can be a stellar platform for a favorite pair of pups. I have Duncan Antiquities in my '75 Ibanez SG and I keep the old Super 70s safely tucked away.

Thanks for the well-wishes!

• Members

The pics in the ad play funny tricks with the color. It was a cloudy day when I took 'em, so the topmost picture represents the color you would perceive indoors in low/room light. I believe that I waited for the sun to peak out from behind the clouds before snapping the second shot, which is the color of the guitar in direct sunlight.

Because I used a flash on the shot of the back of the guitar, it also closely represents the true color.

So the guitar is a reddish-brown mahogany color, which generally strikes me as red when I'm looking at it at home but in fact isn't.

How's that for a clear and simple explanation? :)

• Members

Can't believe this hasn't been snagged yet. I have a similar Les Paul and it's a killer. This one's a beauty!

Agreed.

I was also shocked by the lack of uptake here so I just put the guitar up on eBay, where it's already attracted 35 watchers and 4 bids!

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220433551270

Archived