1970s Japanese Les Paul copy

Muddslide

• Members

Nice copy. Guy I bought it from got it used in '77, so it was probably made between 1968-1978. All research I was able to do seems t indicate this was probably made in the Fujigen-Gakki factory that also turned out early high-end Ibanez copies. I could be wrong about some of this info. Just going on what I could dig up online.

Nice three-piece back which I think is mahogany. Not sure about the cap.

This isn't one of the top-line lawsuit Les Pauls, but it is a good player. One of the tone knobs is broken and held together with a band aid. Previous owner had a new nut installed and replaced the tuners with Gibson Deluxe Kluson-style tuners that he said came off a 2000 Gibby SG.

Really nice action. Yes, it is a bolt-on. I actually prefer this, but I need to mention it for full disclosure.

Back of headstock has the "volute" to make the headstock join more solid. Gibson did this for awhile as well to put some extra wood behind the headstock allowing for more material behind the truss rod at the headstock to help prevent breakage.

While this guitar plays very well and is in great shape for its age, I had intended to upgrade the electronics and pickups at some point. I think with some decent PAF-style pups and new wiring, this could be a real gem. As it is, it plays and sounds perfectly fine...but it could also be a great platform for people who like to mod and want a good, inexpensive Les Paul in their arsenal that has some mojo of years on it already.

$175 shipped in US.

This guitar comes with an exact form-fitting plastic hardshell case. Nice case, possibly original to the guitar. Fits like a glove.

Lester.jpg

As you can see...it has a sun tan! Could use a pickguard, or be an easy refinish, or just leave the nice plaintop with bikini lines.

LesterBack.jpg

Good wood.

LesterHead.jpg

The butterfly inlay is nice. Headstock originally said "Cameo Deluxe" but that was just a metal sticker which I removed. I can include it with the guitar, but it got somewhat bent when I peeled it off.

Thanks for looking.

• Members

Bumpbumpbump.

Really only interested in trading for a specific Coffin Case. I have an odd-shaped guitarand have it on good authority that the best case for it is the "universal" Coffin Case that fits Les Pauls.

However, will still take best offer on this guitar. Will put it up on eBay or CL soon.

• 1 month later...

Archived