ATTN: Gegg&H

lndianScout

• Members

this is my 3rd attempt at paying shipping, I never stole anything from you (I do owe you shipping tho) but I am willing to pay shipping and insurance..

according to UPS this will more than cover it..

I have $60 sitting in paypal for an instant transfer to you, please man up and accept it, instead of flooding forums that I am a loser and don't want to pay you,, if you'd like I will transfer thru a 3rd party that way people know you got it..

I've taken care of everyone else, there is no need to berate and belittle me on every forum you go to, I've offered to pay before, in fact I have the PM..

take care

sincerely

Indian..

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Indian Scout....I have just spent the last half hour of my life going off on a man who posted negative comments about the American Indian..Why was he going off on American Indians because of your past behavior..

Im not writing this to berate you .Im writing as one brother to another..As American Indians acting in a world that holds prejudice against us we must be on constant vigil to be honorable in our actions..You have made a mistake and are owning up to it which deserves to be recognized..

But from this point on ..Please remember if you are going to represent yourself as an American Indian at that point anything you do or say reflects on our nation as a whole ..Please keep this in mind with your future dealings.. This is from a Lakota Sioux brother..

• Members

Im not writing this to berate you .Im writing as one brother to another..
As American Indians acting in a world that holds prejudice against us
we must be on constant vigil to be honorable in our actions..You have made a mistake and are owning up to it which deserves to be recognized..

:confused:

All races are prejudiced. Why did you have to bring that up?

• Members

I'm sending John Wayne and the US Cavalry to straighten this out.

Seriously though. Newbie to the problem but I've read it all. IS, starting this particular thread in a confrontational manner revives ALL the negatives. It appears you are still willing to argue and fight. Just make it right, post when its all made right (or don't) and if no one challenges your statement then we'll all know its done.

It's simple really. Anyway good luck to all. My 2 cents

• Members

i think that this thing is out of hand... i don't know indianscout, and i don't know anyone who he has delt with, but i appreciate that hes trying to make things right after screwing up... whether he anyone should trust him again is another thing, but at least hes trying to make things right. Why is race even a matter in this??

Look up his past posts. More often than not, IS is the first one to start threatening people with his sovereign tribe's power, uncle's position as a judge, etc etc.

• Members

no sir all I want it to pay the man and let this die..

no other intentions intended...

Not my business... Just a suggestion at this point...

Why not just paypal or send him a money order with

shipping confirmation or something for $50 or $60...?

That should be close enough to cover shipping or

whatever. Done. Who cares if you overpay or under pay by a couple of bucks... at that point it is over. You did your part. Paid your reparation.

• Members

I think I may have posted on about 4 threads stating that IS has not followed through. I wouldn't consider that flooding or flaming, and this is the only time that I have done so.

You had said that you would make things right in the beginning of May, and that never happened. The last communication I had with you was May 7th, where you said I would be made whole. Subsequent to that I have sent you several messages asking for an update and you would not even reply to the message, it wasnt until I posted on the threads that I finally got a response.

Until yesterday you had fallen off the face of the earth, it gets irritating when you refuse to answer any of my messages and when we spoke you said you were too busy and had not been on HC; then I see all these threads that you have posted.

If you want to resolve this I will send you a PM and we can take care of it, but if you revert back to your ways of telling everyone it has been taken care of and you completely ignore me, then expect me to call you out.

• Members

I will gladly pay him his $64 for shipping and insurance per his own quote..

but I cannot and will not pay him $200 that he's asking,

Steve,

The exact cost of shipping was $63.54, I had to throw out the case because I could not get the smell out, what would you say the cost of a vintage Ibanez case would be, $100 maybe.

I had to take the guitar to my luthier and have him remove the parts, and repeatedly clean it; that cost me $125.

None of those costs reflect the wasted money on tolls, parking, fuel or my time.

Give me $200 and we'll call it even.

Greg

I used that guitar live 1 time, but in my culture it was blessed with sage, sweetgrass and tobacco for the ceremony it was played in..

this smell does not last forever and was only around it for a few minutes..

I guess some people are more sensitive to it than I am growing up around it.

in fact we just had our whole house blessed by a pipe carrier (med man) to try and help with the wifes illness..

I'm not trying to make any excuse but I think $200 is way out of line..

my guitars and amps are used live in bars, benefits & ceremonies which means they are prone to being around cigarette smoke as are most guitars that are used professionally I dunno any other way around it unless you try to play it with plastic wrapped around it..

I'm not making any excuses, just telling it how I see it..

Indian

• Members

If you didn't note in the description of the item that it had a strong odor, then you should compensate Gegg&H as requested. I once purchased a rather expensive guitar that smelled awful. I could have dealt with cosmetic blemishes, but a strong odor can make the guitar completely useless. If he had to spend a significant amount of money fixing the issue, then in the interest of being honorable you should treat the situation the same as any good seller would in case an item arrives damaged or not as described.

Though, considering IndianScout's character this may be an unreasonable expectation. Given the situation, Gegg&H may get the best possible compensation from just accepting the $64.

• Members

I'm not entirely familiar with the Gegg&H situation, but if you screwed him, and while screwing him used and altered his gear, you are responsible for restoring it to its original condition irrespective of your cultural/religious/ceremonial norms/practises/customs, etc.

You can't milk a cow while you screw it.

ON THE OTHER hand, I think Gegg&H is responsible for realizing that he is dealing with an evasive douchebag with a weaker moral fibre than he'd like to believe, and hence that Gegg&H may be better off taking the $64 and moving on.

• Members

I used that guitar live 1 time, but in my culture it was blessed with sage, sweetgrass and tobacco for the ceremony it was played in..

I'd never diss someone elses cultural ways. But Indian, if you had a gutiar returned or if you had bought it from someone, and the person had made deep markings all over the body because that was part of his religion/culture, would you just accept that?

For him, it doesn't matter how the tobacco smell came there.

Even if someone had done it to the guitar against your will, you still have to return the guitar in the same condition as it was sent to you otherwise you're screwing him over.

Can you honestly say that I'm wrong?

• Members

I think I misunderstood the situation in my last post; I thought Gegg&H had bought a guitar that smells bad. Seems the guitar was returned to him in that condition... In that case it is utterly unacceptable for IndianScout not to compensate him for a new case and the cost of cleaning. If you return something significantly altered from its initial state then you should expect to have to pay; it's pretty simple.

$200 is a pretty conservative amount to ask for. If IndianScout wants to make things right, he should pay at least that much.