62 Vintage Hot Rod strat-Sherwood Green MINT!

joeybsyc

• Members

LAST PRICE DROP!!! Fender USA 1962 Vintage Hot Rod Series Stratocaster. I recently bought this after doing alot of research on this model, but some other expenses have come up so I'm offering it for sale before I get too attached to it. It's is Sherwood Green, and my personal favorite Fender custom color. Don't confuse this with a standard AVRI 62, Only the upgraded Hot Rod version is finished in true THIN SKIN nitro lacquer on the body AND neck (with NO undercoat!), 9.5 radius neck with GREAT flamed maple and a nice rosewood board. The flamed maple is NOT standard on these so this one is very unique in this respect. The neck carve on these are amazing, with a great chunky feel and smooth satin finish on the back. Frets are medium jumbo 6105, 3 American Vintage Strat single-coil pickups with reverse-wound/reverse-phase middle pickup. Produces some of the best strat tones I've ever heard. 3 ply mint green pickguard, 5 way factory installed switch. This sucker is SUPER CLEAN, no chips or scratches, perfect frets, and very little play time. Never gigged ever! The tremolo arm has never even been installed and still has the foil cover over the hole! Includes factory case candy, manuals, tags, and unused vintage style strap. Comes in it's perfect brown tolex G&G Fender case. 100% Factory original with NO MODIFICATIONS! Read up on these... considered by many to be the best production Strat available in many years. A truly amazing instrument in amazing condition. I wish I could keep it, but I have some new expenses to pay that I hadn't expected.

Musician's Friend sells these for $2159.99 new, I'm asking PRICE DROP TO $1250.00 shipped! (paypal add3%) No trade offers please.

0f104df5.jpg

7d8be91f.jpg

46ab2338.jpg

7c5eeebf.jpg

c3f56614.jpg

ba518b3a.jpg

c0eab4bf.jpg

992d7795.jpg

• Members

Thanks man... I know the feeling! I bought this on an impulse because I fell in love with the color and heard such great things about these (all true btw!) but I have WAY more strats than any one person needs. My money could be better (and needs to be) used elsewhere. I've been playing it here a bit tonight, and already thinking of a way to keep it. The profile of the neck on this thing is incredible! Not to mention I'm a sucker for flamed maple...something I've never seen on another one of these before.

• Members

No 62 Hot Rod's (or any reissue 62's for that matter) have maple necks. You'd love this neck though... rosewood fretboard or not...I honestly believe these are the best necks made by Fender right now. In fact, if I'd almost consider buying you a new maple neck for it just to be able to keep this one!

• Members

Price drop to 1250.00 shipped.. +paypal. last bump. Rarest color, super condition, even the case is cherry. Never left the house! Shop around, You won't find a nicer one for less. The flamed neck alone makes this one unique from any others I've seen or played.

If no one pulls the trigger I'm just gonna keep it, as I know i won't be able to replace it for this price when i have sellers remorse in 6 months. Thanks for looking.

Archived