FS/FT: 1990 Gretsch 6128-T

sgboy

• Members

1990 Gretsch 6128-T (USA) it's a killer guitar..clean or cranked..lots of upgrades..so why am I selling? GAS. here is a list of stuff from the previous owner. Made in 90. Think I explained the Serial Number...some thing like 905128-299 right? If i remember that means its a march of 90 G6128, the 299th made that year. Like I said, this was the first year Gretsch was open for business in like 12 years, and they opened up in Alabama.

This gretsch has the fatter headstock, new ones come thin. They only made em like this untill fender bought them out in 2003 (around there). Then they moved back to the 60's reissue, which has the narrow headstock. I think that horseshoe is pretty cool.

It originally had gretsch filtertrons, which in the 90's were ceramic humbuckers...and I thought they sounded pretty thin and jangly. I added the TV Jones Powertron humbucker set. They are about 280 new, 200 used. You can read about them on the Tv Jones site, but they are basically a hot filtertron. It says on the site it's close to a PAF sound, but I dont see that. It's what Billy Gibbons uses, and what comes stock in the Gretsch Billy Bo signature guitar, and the Power Jet (hot rodded duo jet).

I had the guitar refretted at Phat Cat gutiars in Joliet. Awesome place, and great work. Original frets were really tiny, as well as worn. Cost me 400 including the graph-tech nut.

These things new run around 2K, depending on options. Used I've seen them as low as 1300. That one is in great shape, with the original case and lots of upgrades and it s 20 years old......My cash price is $1650.00 shipped and PP'd. Trades? Will add cash if your trade is greater and is something I want. Make an offer. I am pretty open..amp, or guitar..looking for a CA, 65 amp, D*****, style, ect.. Big neck Les Paul, the right strat or tele..anyhow..sorry to ramble..what ya got? thanks. 20090824009-1.jpg20090824004-1.jpg

Archived