Dean Hardtail for trade

lovellintn

• Members

Dean Hardtail in Platinum metallic finish. Limited to only 100 examples worldwide. Mahogany body with set mahogany neck. 24 3/4 scale with 12' radius. Grover tuners. Satin nickel hardware. 3 way switch, 2 volume, 2 tone, with coil tapping. Custom wound Kent Armstrong PAF's exclusive to this limited run of guitars.

Plays & sounds awesome. This guitar will eat a Gibson SG for lunch and ask for more. Fretwork and setup are excellent. The action is low and fast with no buzz anywhere on the neck. Coil tapped humbuckers can go from jazz/blues to searing metal to tele twang and everything in between. Very versatile.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a Fender guy. Looking to trade for a Strat or Tele. References available.

guitar011.jpg

guitar012.jpg

guitar008.jpg

guitar004.jpg

guitar005.jpg

guitar010.jpg

guitar013.jpg

• Members

What is the trade value, and also what is the neck shape like?

Guitar sold new for $689 and there were on 100 made. I'd put trade value at $400-$450. Neck is beefy. Just a hair under my Warmoth boat neck. Sounds Killer. Very easy to play. Fret work on this one is some of the best I've seen. You can see how good the action is in this pic.

guitar009.jpg

Thanks, Jeff

• Members

Nice looking guitar but I don't know about eating any SGs. My 61 reissue is unsurpassed by any guitar I've ever played, no fret buzz and if the action was any lower the strings would be resting on the frets, deeper cutaway and lighter as well.

That said this would probably be a lot more guitar for your dollar.

• Members

Its always nice to have a dissenting opinion propping up your possession...always helps someone move their piece. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Ok...you're SG is the best guitar on the planet...that being said, list it on your own thread and remove yourself from his attempt to make a trade, wouldya...

• Members

Thanks for all the input guys...

I ment no offense to anyone here with an SG...

They're great guitars...

I only brought it up because last week a the guy I sold my Mesa to brought his SG Standard to demo the amp. He played his awhile, then I said "try this". 45 minutes later he says " what the hell is this...its awesome...blows my SG away".

So again...no offense to anyone...its all a matter of opinion.

Lets move along and get this axe traded.

Here's a link to the brand new with tags saweet gigbag included in this trade.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Elite-Series-Electric-Guitar-Gig-Bag?sku=541772&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=73933547

Thanks, Jeff:thu:

Archived