F/S: PRS SC250 10-TOP "SHOULD'A BEEN AN ARTIST!"

sdhupelia

• Members

If you've been watching my sales over the past 6 months, you've seen me drastically reduce my amp collection (down to 1!) and just this past week I sold off all of my nice pedals, pedalboard, cabling, etc, to simplify down to a multi-FX board. I have sold guitars to several of you this year, and have been stalling on selling any more, because I'm officially at the point where each of my remaining ones will hurt to sell. But I've literally sold off everything else, so now it's time to move another guitar.

Next up is a PRS SC250 10-Top, and I say it should have been an Artist, because clearly the tight, flawless burst looks better than many of my past Artist-Grades, and better than some of my current limited run PRS's, but it was produced in 2008 when Artist-Grade PRS's were no longer sold, and before any limited runs really started coming out as fast as they do now. This was hand-picked by the original owner, Brad who runs Rig-Talk, who sold it to me in late 2008 after leaving it in its case the entire time.

Pickups are the stock SC250, awesome and hot, upgraded with chrome covers (see below).

I bought it during a time where I preferred chrome and metal to plastic, so I had the following upgrades done by a professional luthier, Steve at Chicago Fret Works (who has worked on guitars for Wilco and many other local artists here in Chi-Town, and who teaches at the famous Old Town School of Folk Music here):

* Wax-potted and covered the humbuckers (I prefer the covered to bare look) with shiny chrome covers

* Replaced the plastic knobs to chrome knobs. This and the above change were to match the look of the bridge, tuners, etc.

* Replaced the black pickup rings with creme rings, to match the binding.

* Set it up for 9's (was originally 10's). SC250's come with the adjustable intonatable bridge, which was tweaked after everything else was done.

* Installed Schaller Strap Locks (matching chrome, of course!).

Please note - I am including ALL original parts in the Original Hardshell Case. I also have all original case candy and the truss rod tool in the original plastic ziploc bag in the case.

Since then, it has sat in its case for almost 2 years, only pulled out a few times to play at home for a few minutes, drool over how awesome it looks, and then put back in its case. I'll call it a 9.9/10 since I'm not a dealer, but this is as close to perfect condition as anything I own, and I'm careful with my gear. This has never been gigged, never taken to rehearsal, never played outside my home, and never played with a belt or wristband or anything of the sort.

I am also including the set of Schaller/Fender Strap Locks, a PRS Lanyard and a PRS Guitar Strap.

Pics are below - please note that the fretboard is darker brown in person, very rich oiled look, with nice grain patterns.

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

Lots more pics here (inside and outside) - http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/sdhupelia/SC250/

Price is $2100 shipped/pp-echeck obo, and I will ship outside the continental USA if you cover the costs. I will also take other forms of payment, except ppgift. Please PM me if you have any questions or would like to discuss terms or anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived