FS or FT: 1957 Gibson ES-125 with HSC

mark2741

• Members

I have had this for a while now and just don't play it enough. Excellent tone and has the absolute best neck and action I've ever seen on *any* guitar let alone one that is 50 years old. This is the full hollowbody, single P90, non-cutaway model. Excellent guitar but has typical wear and tear as expected and a surface scratch on upper bout. Tuners were replaced with Kluson replicas of what the originals looked like. A fantastic players guitar. It's just not for me, right now (I'm sure I'll regret it if my current playing situation falls through though...).

photo#5034562199402499618

LOTS more pics can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.com/mark2741/1957GibsonES125

Comes with what I was told was the original hardshell case from Gibson and it sure looks old, but it doesn't say Gibson on it anywhere so I don't know for sure.

I am in need of:

Older Fender tube amp (not a Champ, Princeton, or Princeton Reverb)

Telecaster (prefer a thinline with humbucker)

Hofner Verythin

Nice overdrive pedal

Shure SM57

Analog Delay

2 x 10 cabinet

???

I'm open to anything of equal value or lesser plus cash. PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER OFFERING ME A $500 PIECE OF EQUIPMENT STRAIGHT UP FOR THIS GUITAR. This guitar would sell on ebay in the $1000 range, particularly due to the case I would think. I can't afford to subsidize other people's dreams, sorry : ) If I could I wouldn't sell or trade this one for lesser equipment! I'm in a blues band right now and we're close to gigging and I have a SF Princeton Reverb that I'm guessing won't be powerful enough, and my trusty strat. No backup guitar or loud enough amp so I'm open to anything. I'm not into 'parts' guitars unless they are of decent quality and are cheap (ie, less than an import fender).

I have over 120 ebay positive feedbacks at 100% positive rating.

mark

www.elearninglive.com

• 5 years later...

Archived