FS Custom Dead Tree Acoustic Guitar-Cocobolo/carbon fiber hybrid *guitar has been damaged* DISCOUNTED PRICE

call me rob

• Members

Hey All,

Thank you for stopping by! Here is a custom made OM by Dead Tree Guitars .The guitar has a beautiful cocobolo back and carbon fiber sides with a master grade lutz spruce top. It has a 25" scale length to offer a little sweeter of a tone. The fingerboard, bridge, and headstock overlays are made from the same billet of cocobolo. The bindings, bevel, and end wedge are ziricote. The purflings are mitered and made up of a custom black/rosewood/black mitered purflings. The neck center lamination and headstock overlay veneers are also made up of a black/rosewood/black to maintain continuity of the overall aesthetic of this guitar. The string spacing is 1 9/16" wide at the nut and 2 5/16" at the bridge. This is the actual string spacing not the actual width of the neck. The body features a armrest bevel for even more added comfort as well as to help keep your forearm from interfering with the top`s vibrations. Another special feature of the guitar is in the sides. I have spent thousands of dollars, and hundreds of man-hours developing this. The sides are made out of carbon fiber. Now the sides for acoustic guitars are acoustically dead; they do not contribute to the sound. However, they can take away from the tone of the instrument and cause structural issues. They can take away from the vibration of the top and back by flexing as the top and back are in motion. As the top moves down the back will flex out due to the pressure created within the body from the strings. As the top flexes downward the sides will want to flex outward to accommodate the motion of the top as well as the increased pressure. If the sides flex outward with the top then the overall body pressure is decreased due to the increased volume from the sides flexing thus taking some of the pressure from the back causing less movement of back as well as the top. My sides will not flex under these pressures. They are so stiff that they can withstand most of if not all of the string tension all by themselves. Traditional sides without the top and back glued on them are incredibly weak. They take almost zero effort to flex. My sides take an enormous amount of effort to flex even the slightest amount. I am really pleased with this design and have more in the works.

The price of this guitar is $3000 OBO. The guitar set up to a pretty standard spec and comes with a hardshell case. If you buy the guitar, I will set up the guitar however you would like. If you have a pick up that you would like to have installed in the guitar, I will do that for free. I also offer a 72 hour play in period. If you don't like it you can send it back for a refund minus shipping costs. If this guitar is not exactly what you want but would like something else, I build custom acoustic and electric guitars. I can build you a guitar that better suites your needs. Please stop by my facebook page and my website to see some more examples of my work. BTW, I out of Cleveland, Ohio so if you would like to see the guitar in person, that can be arranged. I prefer, paypal, cash, or check as payment. I willing to ship any where, but buyer pays shipping.

Thank you,

Rob Fraelich

www.DeadTreeGuitars.com

Facebook.com/DeadTreeGuitars

Specs:

Custom “OM” shape

Cocobolo, back, fingerboard, bridge, and headstock overlays; all cut from the same billet.

Carbon fiber sides

Master grade lutz spruce top

Ziricote bindings, armrest bevel, and end wedge

Black/rosewood/black mitered purflings, neck center lamination, and headstock underlay

25” scale length

1 9/16 string spacing at the nut

4 1/8” deep at the tail

3 7/8 deep at the neck

IMG_2225_zps8cd44c01.jpg

IMG_2233_zpscd8b68b4.jpg

IMG_2244_zps1350e124.jpg

IMG_2249_zpsd4b17999.jpg

• Members

I recorded a sound clip the other day of the guitar. It was raining, so I had to keep levels low in order to not pick up too much of the rain noise. This was recorded with one mic pointing at the 12th. Let me know what you think.

The guitarist playing on the recording is Colin Payton.

BUMP

• Members

Hey everyone,

I have some unfortunate news about the guitar. I took the guitar to a local guitar store. One of the customers at the store was interested in playing the guitar. I of course obliged, but failed to mention that the guitar did not have a pick guard. The player was the type of finger stylist who braces his pinky against the top as he fingerpicks. He did not have a very trimmed nail and his pinky nail dented the top. This is an hard lesson for me as well as the player. I did not warn him that it did not have a pick guard. He learned that his style of playing can really damage a guitar. This damage certainly warrants a discounted price, so to all who are are still interested consider the damage and let me know what you would be willing to pay.

Regards,

Rob

IMG_2327_zps585cf341.jpg

IMG_2328_zps425883da.jpg

Archived