Martin OM-28V - SOLD

pete12string

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Tone IS subjective. But to compare a Fender Acoustic to a Martin or Gibson is pretty funny. Martin Guitar has been building acoustic instruments for over 175 years. What model Martin did your friend have with the piezo pickup? Martin has been using Fishman Transducers for quite a while. You can even get the 350 "Little Martin" with a Fishman system. The PA system, or even his settings that he liked, may have sounded like crap.

I have a few cheap acoustics, one is an 72 Ibanez Concord, made from solid woods, sitka spruce top and rosewood back and sides, and it doesnt outperform my Martin, none of my lower end acoustics do. I never expected them to.

As far as the audience goes, you never know whos sitting in it. As for me, if it sounds like arse, I leave. In the 45 years Ive been playing and the 30 years Ive been gigging, I always thought the audience deserved the best show we could possibly give them. They care a lot more than you think. Ive played everything from tiny bars to weddings to festival crowds, anything to make a buck, and always felt we gave them a good show.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Hey, my name is Greg Pedersen I'm a college student from Idaho and i am very interested in your guitar. It has been my dream since a little boy when i first started playing guitar to own a martin or a taylor. Due to the fact that i come from a very poor family and have had to work for every guitar I own I've never had one or anything to nice when it comes to acoustic. I have been playing for 11 years now and its time for me to get my dream guitar and since Im a huge john mayer fan i would love it if we could please make a deal. I have been saving and i do not have two thousand dollars im not gonna lie, I have some saved up and a gibson sg electric i saved for basically my entire life haha. I will trade you it and whatever you thinks fair for cash. Please consider this since this is my dream guitar and i would do anything to have it.

Thanks,

Greg Pedersen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I am interested in your OM28v.  I posted a reply earlier offering 1750.00 as this is what I have at the present moment.  I play at my church and have been wanting to purchase one of this type for some time now.

my email is apf120@aol.com and my cell number is 845-242-1123

Let me know if I am close to what your looking for.

God bless

Archived