Mako Makoplex 100W Boutique Amp Hand Made RARE

meckanik

• Members

I purchased this amp used in ~2008 in mint condition. Since then it's only been played occasionally in my house, never gigged with.

This is a amazingly well built amp. The amplifier is completely built in the USA and made by hand. The custom transformers are huge, the wiring is point-to-point and uses high tolerence resistors and Sprague Orange Drop capacitors. It's built like a tank.

It has a fresh set of tested and balanced Svetlana (current production) EL34 tubes and the bias has been set.

The Sound. If you've ever played a Plexi into a load, so you can turn the amp up and get that power tube saturation, it has that soft bottom end and great mid-range. This amp is similar except it has a ridiculous amount of pre-amp gain. It's kind of a modern high-gain Plexi. Very cool sound.

I'm getting rid of it only because I've gotten bored with the tone. I've never owned an amp this long before, I usually go 1-2 years max.

Email or txt to listen to the amp or ask questions. You're welcome to bring your own cab, etc...

Head will be properly packed and shipped insured to the lower 48, buyer pays $100 flat rate for shipping.

Thanks for looking and email with questions!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tmako_1.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t512.1 KB ID:\t32120788","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32120788","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tmako_2.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t371.1 KB ID:\t32120789","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32120789","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tmako_3.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t785.8 KB ID:\t32120790","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32120790","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

Archived