Write place (pun!) for electronic drum kit help

heli-john

• Members

Sorry about the pun. I hope I am in the right place for questions about electronic drum kit use!

My first question as a total newbie to E drums and a bit of a newcomer to drums is where do I best place the kick pedal legwise? Being a bit older I don't want to cause knee or hip problems.

Back in the day I messed with drums as you do when you play guitar and bass and never took it anywhere but I am having literal fun with these e drums. I love the small compactness of them and love messing about on them. It is all just for fun though - I am never gonna be a Sandy Nelson.:D2:D2:D2

It's a Carlsbro 130 set!

• Members
Sorry about the pun. I hope I am in the right place for questions about electronic drum kit use!

My first question as a total newbie to E drums and a bit of a newcomer to drums is where do I best place the kick pedal legwise? Being a bit older I don't want to cause knee or hip problems.

Back in the day I messed with drums as you do when you play guitar and bass and never took it anywhere but I am having literal fun with these e drums. I love the small compactness of them and love messing about on them. It is all just for fun though - I am never gonna be a Sandy Nelson.:D2:D2:D2

It's a Carlsbro 130 set!

Good question. I'm a guitar player that took up drums and never took a proper lesson. You can tell too.

Playing drums is a work out I must say.

• Members
Playing drums is a work out I must say.

Workout it will be when I get faster but apart from my knees and hips it's my brain that is getting most work out trying to get the bits to do as they are told.:D I picked up a little bit watching the drummers we had but that was literally a lifetime ago.:(2:(2:music005:

• Members

It's a bit of a trial-and-error issue, but one way to start might be to locate your "snare" pad between your knees (from right to left), look where your feet naturally rest... then stick a hi-hat pedal under one foot and a kick pedal under the other. Then try it, to see if that's comfortable. :)

There a few inexpensive"drum lessons on a disk" DVDs out there.... and some of those are decent enough for just getting started. Maybe some stuff on youtube, too. Not the same as "live" lessons, but at least enough to help you set up your kit...

-D44

• Members

It's a Carlsbro 130 set!

Good posture is very important for both health and endurance while playing! I find that it's best to keep my legs in a comfortable position like I'd be sitting down in a chair with good posture. You don't want to be reaching for the pedal.

The video here describes sitting with your legs near around 90 degrees. Good luck!

Archived