Yamaha "Low battery" indicator

DeepEnd

• Members

Please be gentle, I'm a guitarist. Our drummer at church mentioned that the Dtxplorer control unit on the church's Yamaha electronic kit had indicated "Low battery." We'll probably get someone (not me) to replace the battery, which I understand is a standard CR2032 cell, but what happens if we wait too long? Does everything stop working? Does it just lose settings? How soon do we need to get the battery replaced? Thanks in advance.

• Members

Yeah, I skimmed the manual and didn't find anything useful. "User data." So what, presets and whatnot? Sounds like the kit will continue to function but I told the church's tech guy and he's going to look at it. The Internet says you need to disconnect all the cables and take the control unit apart to get to the battery but it can be done without taking the thing to an authorized dealer. Very poor design IMHO.

• Members
You'd get your time frame at least. Phone call away.

Going to have to be a phone call. I couldn't find anything in the Yamaha online knowledge base/FAQ's and I need to sign up for an "account" before I can send an email. Not worth it for a product I don't even own. :(

• Members

Success! After another 12 minutes on hold a Yamaha support guy said the drums will continue to function but settings won't be saved, which is pretty much what i expected. If our tech guy at church hasn't replaced the battery by Sunday I'll let him know.

Archived