Tris leaving Chicago

Dendy Jarrett

• Members

I wouldn't have believed it but confirmed via his facebook page:

Tris Imboden

58 mins ·

Dear Friends,

This is to announce that I have decided to no longer tour with the band Chicago. I came to this decision after many sleepless nights and much soulsearching. I realize the great honor I was given to have played drums with this incredible band for quite nearly three decades, however, at this point in my life I no longer want to commit to 9 to 10 months out of every year being on the road. This in no small way is because I have finally found and married the love of my life, Mary, and I want to share more of my life with her. I must tell you though that I in no way intend to "retire". In fact to this end I am in negotiations with a major artist right now that will require much less time away from home and loved ones. I'm still strong as a horse and very healthy thank God!

I wish to thank all of the members of the band, past and present, our manager Peter Schivarelli, and all of you amazing fans who have made this incredible ride possible. Chicago truly has the best fans in the world! I look forward to making more music in the near future and appreciate your continued support. Stay tuned!

With much gratitude, Tris

I get it - Family is important. Time is all we really have - or does anyone really know what time it is? (sorry ... couldn't help myself).

This guy's drumming was paramount throughout my years of drumming. Love his playing and love the band. Sorry to see him no longer a part.

D

Archived