Former Boston drummer dies on stage

WRGKMC

• Members

Damn

Boston was one of the first rock concert I saw as a teen.

HC ran and ad for that cruise. A bunch of older 70's bands were supposed to be there. Frampton, The Doobies, and many more.

I am glad I had the pleasure to see all of the original members of the band Boston, back in the day.

• Members

Mikeo - Craig Anderton was on that 70's Cruise and has a story that will be in one of our upcoming newsletters (if you guys don't get Make Better Music, our bi-weekly newsletter, please subscribe in the upper right corner of the site). It was a tremendous cruise.

As for Sib Hashian dying on stage - it's not a bad way to go when your time comes.

Most people don't realize that Boston wasn't a band until after the first album was written and recorded and all parts played by Schultz. After he realized it was going to be a hit, he had to scramble and form a band.

And one of my favs of "my" (and your) Era.

D

• Members

One of the cool parts about making and recording music is, after you are long gone, one lives through their music.

If you are lucky, work hard, and it all comes together, you get to play in a great band.

Long live Sib's drumming through the music he was able to make over the past 40 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Mikeo - Craig Anderton was on that 70's Cruise and has a story that will be in one of our upcoming newsletters (if you guys don't get Make Better Music, our bi-weekly newsletter, please subscribe in the upper right corner of the site). It was a tremendous cruise.

As for Sib Hashian dying on stage - it's not a bad way to go when your time comes.

Most people don't realize that Boston wasn't a band until after the first album was written and recorded and all parts played by Schultz. After he realized it was going to be a hit, he had to scramble and form a band.

And one of my favs of "my" (and your) Era.

D

Hated to hear this! I remember woodshedding back when and trying to learn the drums parts. I always wondered if the drums you hear on the record are they ones that Schultz played?? He always seemed more like a guitarist to me. I thought Sib re-recorded the drum parts? I mean if Sib played the parts that Shultz originally played, at least on the first album, then that's kinda like Chester Thompson and Genesis. To me Sib was great player and vital part of it all. I hope this makes sense, not putting either one down, just curious on how it all went down??

Archived