AXIS X3 PEDALS

techristian

• Members

Have any of you been to a gym? When you go to a gym, you usually don't go to a single machine to work out. At a gym, there are several different machines to work several different muscle groups.

This is partly the thought behind this setup.

First , I didn't want to buy one of those expensive $80 clamps just to hold my hihat up against my left bass drum, for my heel on the bass drum, while I played the hihat, to get that double bass drum sound.

I happened TO HAVE ON HAND a spare Axis X2 with the connecting rod, so this worked FOR ME.

Secondly , double bass FEELS different with 2 drums than a single double bass pedal. I can work this both ways. This is a real workout with BOTH feet controlling through 2 rod extensions. This is the exercise part. I can go from the single bass drum setup to the double bass drum setup ON THE FLY. The feels are totally different and the 2 different systems work different muscle groups.

But there is even more to this setup than that.

Thirdly , a 4th beater can be added so that my right foot controls 2 beaters at once for another sound.

So in a nutshell.

1)Sound

2)Flexibility

3)Exercise

The reason you didn't hear the great sound, that I can hear, was because this was recorded only with my camera microphone.

I edited out the part where I was just playing on the right bass drum.

If I was using this setup on a live gig, I would need to find a way to get another snare drum in there. Both bass drums are 22" and it would have been easier to set up with 20" or 18" bass drums. They are tuned differently DELIBERATELY.

Dan

Archived