Roundabout- by YES...My latest performance cover

Carminemw

• Members

I had to publish this...it's not refined, but I believe it shows the essence of the tune...

This performance came out of a challenge. As most of of you know, my students, at critical development stages, are given a piece designated as a "performance piece". They must perform this piece while reading it. I believe it energizes them and at the same time, puts them under pressure to help see what its like to perform under the gun. Well I had the tables turned on me. How bout me doing a performance piece...something of high caliber...reading it all the way. So me, like a dummy, picked Roundabout by Yes...oh sure why not take on Mr Syncopation Bill Bruford. Well I said I would do it...enjoy my version. No copyright infringement intended, only my playing is copyrighted to me...

• Members

Well it flys by pretty quick. The major difference that I altered a bit was the doubled up 16th section on each of the 1st 2 bars of the 4 bar phrase. I could hear my hihat and it dindnt churn much so I puth the hihat part on the snare which kinda made it more into 16th instead of eighth. With it being so hard to hear the part I thought it would groove better that way....It makes it feel better for me...so sue me, I'm not Bill Bruford...LOL

Archived